shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP: diamonds rating ... these might be it, proposing in a few weeks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pastrami

Rough_Rock

Hey guys, sorry new to the board so I hope I''m doing this correctly. I''ve been doing a lot of reading and finally found something within my criteria.

I just got a quote from a local diamond shop, I heard many good things from this place so it''s not your typical strip mall diamond shop. I''m dropping by tomorrow to take a look at the certificate and see how they look under the idealscope. But this sounds like it maybe it.

Here are 3 that he says are ideal based of the table but were not labeled as Ideal because it does not come with the AGS cert only GIA.

0.93ct
H
VS2
depth=62.5%
table=57%
ex polish/ excellent symmetry
$4410
0.92ct
H
VS2
depth=61.7%
table=56%
$4390
0.90ct
H
VS2
depth=60.6%
table=57%
$4250
Can you guys tell me if these are priced well and should I consider it? If not what should be a good price range for those diamonds?

Also, when I''m looking at the certificate, what type of flaws are the worse, as I general I try to avoid anything that''s in the center of the diamond, any other general rules I should use when looking at the flaws on the certificate?

What other variables should I consider when I''m in the shop?

Is it okay if it''s not laser inscribed?

Any other variables that would help make the decision easier?

As always many thanks for the help! :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think the last one should show a bit bigger because it is less deep cut. I would expect the girdle size to read "thin" or "medium" and this is about as much as once could say with GIA stats infront. The clarity grades are high enough to give nothing to talk about. You do not mention fluorescence, but up to medium it cannot hurt - quite on the contrary, IMO.

Otherwise, I can''t wait to hear your impressions on shopping with the Ideal Scope !
1.gif

pastrami

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply Valeria! :)

I forgot about the girdle and flourescence, I''ll definitely have that by tomorrow. I''m not sure I understand this statement "The clarity grades are high enough to give nothing to talk about." Is it a good thing or bad?

Price-wise are they okay?
Anything I should look for when I''m on the idealscope aside from perfect symmetry?
What flaws are the ones I should try to avoid the most?
How do I know these are "real ideals" if they don''t have the AGS report?

Thanks again!

pastrami

Rough_Rock
bump to make sure I have all the questions before I head out to the store :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results