shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP - Diamond Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondheathen

Rough_Rock
Note: I am in California... interested in GIA/AGS only

Diamond Dilemma

I have been looking for a diamond and setting for the past 2 months.

Being in California I started out at RobbinsBrothers.com (visited their local store).

They had a great selection and were very helpful. I put a diamond I thought at the time was a great find. Since then I have been doing a lot of research and have discovered that their diamonds seem to be over priced. I have looked at other places and have considered doing a purchase online. However I really like the security they provide, since they are a chain and have been in business for a long while. They also have a diamond guarantee, where they will replace the diamond... no matter what happens to it, even if it is lost or stolen. Is there anywhere else I can get this kind of warranty, and satisfaction guarantee?

The diamonds I priced at Robbins Brothers so far are:

Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurement: 6.33 - 6.37 x 3.92
Weight: 1.01

Depth: 61.7%
Table: 62%
Girdle: slightly thick to very thick, faceted
Culet: none
Polish/Sym: vg/vg
Clarity: VS2
Color: G
Flor: none
Comments: none
Price: 7,450

AND - AGS -

Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurement: 6.48 - 6.50 x 4.00
Weight: 1.030

Cut AGS: 0
Polish: ideal
Sim: ideal
Prop: ideal
Color AGS: 1.0 (F)
Clarity AGS: 6 (SI2)
Price: 7,450

- AND -
Diamond: (GIA)
Shape and Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.07 - 6.15 X 4.18 mm
Weight: 1.00
Depth: 68.4
Table: 54
Girdle: medium to very thick, faceted
Polish/Symmetry: Exc/good
Clarity: VS2
Color Grade: E
Culet: none

Price: $6400

I have posted these before, and no one really had anything good to say about them.

What I would like to know is:

1) Where else can I purchase a stone/setting that will give me the kind of warranty/security/guarantee as R.B.’s
2) How would you rate the above stones?
3) What would be a fair price range for each of the stones? And are they worth purchasing at all?
4) What should I look for if I want a diamond for about 6500-7000?
Given I am looking to use a floating or tension setting… so the stone has to be fairly clean. I.e. VS2 or more, E,F,G and 1.0 ct

I would really appreciate any feedback. I am getting close to the gun here, and I really feel like I am running around in circles.

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results