shape
carat
color
clarity

Help deciding on bustle please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I need some opinions. I always thought I wanted a French bustle where the train is tucked under the dress, but when I went in for my first fitting today they showed me an overbustle and now I'm not so sure. I'm partial to a French bustle *as a bustle* but I think the overbustle might look better with the lace detail on my dress. Which do you like better?
P.S. I'm wearing a crinoline in the pic with the French bustle but not in the other pic.

French:

Bustle option 2 French for pscope.jpg

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Over-bustle (American bustle?):

Bustle option 1 for pscope.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I like #2 - I think it compliments the back of your dress better.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
I agree, the French bustle hides a lot of the lace detailing. So I think #2 looks better with your dress.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number 2 is what I had and the bottom of my dress was similar... lace overlay. And the only reason I did have it was because of the logistical issues of my grandfather on a scooter walking me down the aisle. Otherwise I would have done an different (but not that one you have). From the side the American Bustle (over) always reminds me of pin the tail on the donkey. Seriously, I even said it to my seamstress who had a fit of laughter at the thought.

I would do an English bustle

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Bustle #2 is beautiful with your dress!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, can you post a pic of the type of over bustle you like better? They did a 3 point bustle first that started lower down and my mom said that one looked like a tail so they moved it up higher and then she liked it better. She thought tail and I thought it looks like I''m, ahem, pooping dress.
32.gif
But when they moved the over bustle up higher I thought it was okay.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed. While I almost always vote for a french bustle, I think your dress is a great example of how pretty an over bustle can look. I vote for the second one.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
While I too am partial to the French bustle I agree that the second one goes better with your dress. I know that I''ll run into the same issue with my own dress so I feel your struggle.

I love your gown by the way! Its gorgeous!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others - # 2 definitely compliments your dress better and shows all the pretty lace details.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also usually partial to the French bustle, but I agree with the other ladies that the overbustle suits the style of your dress much better.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think #2 looks better on your particular dress.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Definitely #2, it has a beautiful flow and what a gorgeous design!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
overbustle :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I also like the simple elegance of the overbustle, and I''d take the crinoline off when you bustle it, just like the picture.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your replies!! It looks like the overwhelming consensus is the over bustle. I have to agree, with my dress it happens to look better that way.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 2 would be my fav!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one better!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The second one looks much better as the ends of the trails of lace look much nicer when seen.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
2nd one looks much better with your dress (which looks really pretty btw). :)

Sha

Ideal_Rock
#2!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
#2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results