shape
carat
color
clarity

Help deciding on bustle please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I need some opinions. I always thought I wanted a French bustle where the train is tucked under the dress, but when I went in for my first fitting today they showed me an overbustle and now I'm not so sure. I'm partial to a French bustle *as a bustle* but I think the overbustle might look better with the lace detail on my dress. Which do you like better?
P.S. I'm wearing a crinoline in the pic with the French bustle but not in the other pic.

French:

Bustle option 2 French for pscope.jpg

Over-bustle (American bustle?):

Bustle option 1 for pscope.jpg

I like #2 - I think it compliments the back of your dress better.

I agree, the French bustle hides a lot of the lace detailing. So I think #2 looks better with your dress.

Number 2 is what I had and the bottom of my dress was similar... lace overlay. And the only reason I did have it was because of the logistical issues of my grandfather on a scooter walking me down the aisle. Otherwise I would have done an different (but not that one you have). From the side the American Bustle (over) always reminds me of pin the tail on the donkey. Seriously, I even said it to my seamstress who had a fit of laughter at the thought.

I would do an English bustle

Bustle #2 is beautiful with your dress!

Gypsy, can you post a pic of the type of over bustle you like better? They did a 3 point bustle first that started lower down and my mom said that one looked like a tail so they moved it up higher and then she liked it better. She thought tail and I thought it looks like I''m, ahem, pooping dress.
32.gif
But when they moved the over bustle up higher I thought it was okay.

Agreed. While I almost always vote for a french bustle, I think your dress is a great example of how pretty an over bustle can look. I vote for the second one.

While I too am partial to the French bustle I agree that the second one goes better with your dress. I know that I''ll run into the same issue with my own dress so I feel your struggle.

I love your gown by the way! Its gorgeous!

I agree with the others - # 2 definitely compliments your dress better and shows all the pretty lace details.

I''m also usually partial to the French bustle, but I agree with the other ladies that the overbustle suits the style of your dress much better.

I think #2 looks better on your particular dress.

Definitely #2, it has a beautiful flow and what a gorgeous design!

overbustle :)

I also like the simple elegance of the overbustle, and I''d take the crinoline off when you bustle it, just like the picture.

Thanks everyone for your replies!! It looks like the overwhelming consensus is the over bustle. I have to agree, with my dress it happens to look better that way.

Number 2 would be my fav!

My vote is for the overbustle as well

I like the second one better!

The second one looks much better as the ends of the trails of lace look much nicer when seen.

2nd one looks much better with your dress (which looks really pretty btw). :)

#2!!!

#2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP