shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! Deciding between 3 1.5ct ovals in next few hrs!!

efwil1

Rough_Rock
On the recommendations of folks on here (thanks tyty333, I've reached out to James Allen for a gemologist's review of my three favorite 1.5ct ovals. The results came back last night but I'm really struggling to decide which to choose. I only have a few more hours, so thought I would check with the experts here.

Which of the options would you choose and why?? Any help would be much appreciated!!

1. [b]http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.51-carat-f-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-356621[/b] - slight bowtie but brightest and faces up biggest
image_3962.jpg

2. [b]http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.50-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-sku-580976[/b] - less bowtie but less bright
aset_2_4.jpg

3. http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.51-carat-f-color-vs1-clarity-sku-355314 - no bowtie and personally my favorite facet pattern but less bright and gemologist dinged it for being "chunkier" (I think this is about the girdle?) and thus also faces up the smallest
aset_3_2.jpg

efwil1

Rough_Rock
Following up to share the gemologist's notes as well:

1.) Diamond SKU 356621 (1.51 F VVS2 Oval $15,150) This diamond displayed incredible brilliance and fire and has a very well balanced light return. Facing up a beautiful white, this F color had the biggest presence and excellent fire/sparkle throughout. Very attractive shape and faceting. Very minimal bowtie. Faces up the largest and looks closer to a 1.60ct-1.70ct.

2.) Diamond SKU 580976 (1.50 G SI1 Oval $10,540) Also a fantastic option, the 1.50 G faces up a beautiful white with well balanced fire and brilliance throughout. Bowtie is very minimal, with crisp faceting and a wonderful outline. SI1 inclusions are extremely faint and will not be eye visible. Also highly recommended from the Gemologist.

3.) Diamond 355314, the 1.51 ct F/VS1 ($13,760) is another pretty option. It has a nice amount of brilliance. It is a true F color, facing up white and this diamond has the least noticeable bowtie of the group! The shape is rounder, with a chunky look from the side.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't love #2.

I really like #3, but I also like #1! It would be between those 2 IMO.

I like the faceting and the LOOK of #3. The 'star' shape in the middle is so beautiful. That is my favourite facet pattern too!
I like the outline of #1, and if it faces up larger, that is always a plus IMO.

efwil1

Rough_Rock
Great, I agree that #2 isn't the best, but wasn't sure- thanks for helping me eliminate that one.

I really like #3 (think it's my favorite) and am glad that it appeals to you as well. However I am a little concerned about the "chunky from the side" comment. Is that related to the girdle or the depth do you think? Do you think that would be an issue visually when it's set? Or did the gemologist simply mention it because it's an inefficient use of carat weight?

Thanks so much for any help!!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
#3 was my suggestion previously and I much prefer that faceting pattern and I think the "chunkiness" is what makes it attractive. It handily avoids the splintery bits at either end and has visual interest in the middle. I think it's a nice, relatively unique stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oval 3 is very unique and I like it a lot, so 3, 1, and 2 in that order of preference.

efwil1

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU for the suggestion- as I mentioned, I really like it, was just nervous given that it looked pretty different than any other oval I've seen. Glad to know it's different in a good way!

efwil1

Rough_Rock
Following up to let everyone know I ordered the popular favorite (#3) this afternoon! Nervous about how it will look IRL, but fingers crossed...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA has a wonderful return policy, so if for some reason you absolutely hate it you can always return it :) Please post (a million) pictures when you get it!

efwil1

Rough_Rock
I will make sure to do so. I will definitely want everyone's opinion to confirm it looks OK :) may not be for another two weeks though as I am traveling and had the package sent to my dad's house - planning to pick it up at Thanksgiving!

Thanks again all for your input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results