shape
carat
color
clarity

Help decide between two hearts and arrows cushions

stizzi

Rough_Rock
I have these both on hold, please let me know which you guys think is a better deal:

Diamond #1:
Square cushion (hearts and arrows)
1.51 ct, I, VS1
$9,695
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.51-brellia_cushion_hearts--GIA-I-VS1-diamond-stock-14188-cert-

Diamond #2:
Square cushion (hearts and arrows)
2.0 ct, J, VVS2
$14,395
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/2.00-brellia_cushion_hearts--GIA-J-VVS2-diamond-stock-14414-cert-

I have viewed these diamonds at GoG and had them next to the AVC and modern cushion, and this cut is by far my favorite. The J color still looks white to me in person, so I am fine with the savings going down on the color scale.

I'm pulling the trigger on Tuesday so please let me know your thoughts!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi stizzi,

Is this stone for you or for your soon to be? Do you know if they value size over color or vice/versa?

Difference in stone sizes

Difference on size 6 1/2 finger

size_diff_cushions.png

finger_size_difference.png

stizzi

Rough_Rock
Thanks, they value size over color. I think going from an I to a J doesn't really make a difference anyways since I saw both colors in person and did not notice a difference.

Thanks for the illustration! Her ring size is a 4.75, I'm going to use that tool to see how that looks on there

Saratogavm

Rough_Rock
Hi stizzi,

Is this stone for you or for your soon to be? Do you know if they value size over color or vice/versa?

size_diff_cushions.png

Hi stizzi,

size_diff_cushions.png

Hi Tyty333 - I need your help please! What tool did you use to run this simulation? My son is considering two stones and wants to know the coverage and how different they would look on a size 6.75 finger. I would love to help him out buy using this tool. Do you have a link, or could you reply with a simulation? Here are the two stones:

Princess 1.516 carat = 6.16x6.08x4.57
Cushion 1.02 carat = 6.67x5.78x4.08 (I think he would have this one mounted with the long side going the length of the finger.

Perhaps there is a way to reach out to you directly for this - but I am new to the forum and did not know how. Many thanks!!!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How do you plan on setting it? One of the former prosumers (Gypsy) used to advise that H&A cushions tend to look like rounds when set (as opposed to the pillowish look of most cushions).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results