shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Comparison shopping...EGL vs. GIA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Michelle709sg

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at diamonds (all GIA certified) in retail stores for a few weeks now, and I was recently presented an EGL certified diamond from a friend''s aunt. After reading all the discussion about EGL vs. GIA, I''m still not sure what to do...here are the diamond specs:

Round Brilliant
1.02 cts
EGL Ideal
VS2
Color F
Polish: very good
Symmetry: very good
Table: 55%
Crown Angle: 32.5 (14.3%)
Pavillion Angle: 42 (43%)
Girdle: .7%-2.4%
Thin to Medium Faceted

They are quoting me $5000 for this diamond...but I''m having trouble comparing it to some of the other diamonds I have seen at the retail stores. For example...I saw a GIA certified, 1.11 cts, Lazare Kaplan, G, SI1, for $8890...it was absolutely beautiful. Or a 1.04, E, SI1, for $7950...also beautiful. Will the EGL diamond be as brilliant and beautiful??? Or is it worth it to pay more for a higher quality diamond?

Please help!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Michelle709sg,

Do you know what EGL lab issued the report (USA, Israel or Belgium)?

Numbers for the EGL graded stone sound very good and the price is much more reasonable than for two others.

[/u]

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
With the differences in price that you are being quoted, it would be worth the money to have the stone (EGL) independently appraised.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results