shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Comparing 2.54 to 2.70! HCA 3.7 vs 1.4...4k price difference for smaller!

spartanman24

Rough_Rock
Trade
Guys, I am way lost in the rabbit hole of diamond shopping. Ideally I want to buy my girlfriend a 2.5 - 2.7c ring with the best possible quality. I just learned about HCA scores today and I am so perplexed as to which way to go. The smaller diamond is 4k more expensive...whereas the 2.70 is $28,853. The 2.70 has strong fluorescence, where as the 2.54 has non. My girlfriend said she would actually prefer a more blue looking diamond than a lot of fire (im not even sure that's how it works).

Given size is the most important thing to me...but without sacrificing true quality. Am I sacrificing true quality by going with the 2.70 over the 2.54?.....or will it not matter? Both diamonds look beautiful on the website magnified 360 scope. The 2.54 I did notice more clear arrows. Really appreciate your help! I've attached the GIA certs and the HCA scores.
2.54c HCA 1.4.PNG 2.70 HCA.PNG https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...AMONDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&action=newTab

https://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/diamond-details/LD11904815

Attachments

• 2.54c GIA.pdf
    1,024 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.70c GIA.pdf
    731.1 KB · Views: 79

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2.54 better. Crown and pavilion are complimentary, fat arrows. Almost the same diameter as the heavier, flat top stone.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
The 2.54 is the better stone based on cut and no fluoro.

L

lydial

This diamond is available at the same price point. I am working with this vendor on a custom setting for the stone I bought that is not here yet. They are like a boutique. Just another ideal option at the same price point:

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10067

Also if she doesn’t like the dancing fire, maybe she would like a different cut? Like an emerald or a cushion, instead of a lower cut round?

I am not one of the experts on this forum but I am learning!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't get the one with HCA over 2. It won't perform as well. If you want the best possible quality, the 2.54 is much better. What's your budget?

Don't go with the 2.7, it's less good.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get the BN site on my phone (booo) but if the CBI diamond recommended by lydial is in budget, definitely consider it!!

If she definitely wants vibrant fluorescence in UV-rich lighting environments, look at the Brian Gavin Blue range - superideal cuts with fluor and lower prices :)

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would touch base with BGD and ask whether they have any new bigger BGD blues coming. Or you could always commission a custom cut with high fluoro from them, given your gf LIKES fluoro. That’s a positive thing- having fluoro lowers the price, and you can put that towards a better cut stone!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
It's showing color in the video. If you like warm stones, it's fine. If not... well...

spartanman24

Rough_Rock
Trade
Should I care if a stone is ags instead of gia?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results