shape
carat
color
clarity

Help chosing between two cushion brilliants

briskin

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

New user here looking for some "expert" advice on chosing the right stone for my girlfriend. She likes the cushion brilliant (not modifed) stones and has already "blessed" a 2.01 ct I/Si1 but I was hoping to surprise her with something a little bigger, a 2.51 ct cushion brilliant of the same exact color and clarity. I've seen both stones in person and they are both stunning with the nakes eye, however the 2.51 has more inclusions that you can notice with the magnifying glass.

I uploaded the GIA certificates for both and just looking for some advice on which stone is more "recomended". Assume that they are priced the same per carat. I am strictly interested in opinions regarding the inclusions as well as the other attributes included in the GIA reports.

Thank you in advance!

2_244.jpg

[edit] for some reason I can't seem to be able to upload the other GIA certificate. The only options that shows up is this but can't see to replace that with the 2.01

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi briskin,
Unfortunately, we cant tell anything about cushions by the numbers (certs). We need pictures and aset images to check on facet
patterns and light return. It looks like you have loaded the same cert 3 times. Are the stones on-line? Can you put them on hold
and then give us the links to them?

tyty333

Edit...you can put it in the next message but like I said, if you dont have anything besides certs we're not going to be much help.

briskin

Rough_Rock
the stones are not online but at two different jewlers. I'll need to decide between these two but as mentioned, the 2.01 has already been "blessed" by my girlfriend. Just throught I'd ask here if the 2.51 is good or too many inclusions. With the naked eye from the top you can't really see anything but under lupe I was able to see the feather on the 2.51 and some of the other inclusions.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We usually say if it's eye-clean than that's what is important. Have you looked at it under all different kinds of lighting conditions
to see if the inclusions are visible? Some only show up under certain lights. Ask if the jeweler will take it outside for you.
Sometimes in jewelry stores the lights make the stones look so bright that you cant see anything but when you get them at home in
different lighting you can see things.

Beyond that I cant really advise you. Does the 2.51 have a nice faceting pattern, nice and bright (good light return) and plenty
of fire?

Hopefully someone else has some words of advice.

briskin

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1468871952|4056797 said:
We usually say if it's eye-clean than that's what is important. Have you looked at it under all different kinds of lighting conditions
to see if the inclusions are visible? Some only show up under certain lights. Ask if the jeweler will take it outside for you.
Sometimes in jewelry stores the lights make the stones look so bright that you cant see anything but when you get them at home in
different lighting you can see things.

Beyond that I cant really advise you. Does the 2.51 have a nice faceting pattern, nice and bright (good light return) and plenty
of fire?

Hopefully someone else has some words of advice.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was able to take both diamonds outside and both look good under natural light and seem to have good faceting patterns. When you say "plenty of fire" do you mean the intensity of the rainbow colors and how strong they can "blind" you?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have anything really to add except kudos to you for trying to surprise her with something bigger than she expects! Good luck deciding! I think she'll be thrilled!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results