shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP Chosing 5 stone vendor

laaaaalala

Rough_Rock
I've went through the five stone thread and amazed by all the beauty rings there! Finally I made my decision to get a five stone ring in 1.25ctw or 1.5ctw for my 4.25-4.5 size finger.

Now here's the question, should I go with Whiteflash or IDJ?

I know both vendors have good reviews here, and I decided to go with Whiteflash. However, a representative told me that I will definitely feel 5 stone 1.25ctw in my fingers.

It is confusing since I thought 25pointers each diamonds shouldn't be a problem since I've seen lot of you have waaay bigger diamonds with similar size fingers like mine, but what the representative said worries me. Does anyone has 5 stone 1.25ctw shared-prong from Whiteflash in 4.5ish fingers by any chance?

Another option is 1.5ctw from IDJ, which I will definitely go if I was in NY and can visit in person. But being shopping online, especially during the pandemic, I expect everything to be perfect on the first round. Whiteflash seems to be more reliable than IDJ...but IDJ price is unbeatable and I can go with a bigger diamonds!! Will Whiteflash ACA 1.25ctw look better than 1.5ctw IDJ Ideal/Excellent cut?

Many of you have 1.5ctw in your 4.5ish fingers, does the ring comfortable without have to baby it in daily wear?

I'm very specific for the ring to be comfortable because I got a 7 stone 1.5ctw from Blue Nile and it was so uncomfortable, the prongs were right in between the fingers. Although I love the ring to be showed on the side and all the blings, I had to return it:(

Thank you all for helping and sorry if I talked to much, it's so hard to choose..!

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
Totally following this because I’m wondering the same thing!

jepr

Rough_Rock
I have IDJ's 5-Stone 1ctw and I am still in love with it! I have tried a 1.50ctw-2ctw in their store and when the time & budget is right, I will surely get bigger diamonds :lol: I wear mine everyday and didn't have any problem with it. I don't think you'll see a big difference between the 2 vendors but I haven't laid my eyes on an ACA. I would of course, go bigger! Good luck and keep us posted!

laaaaalala

Rough_Rock
I have IDJ's 5-Stone 1ctw and I am still in love with it! I have tried a 1.50ctw-2ctw in their store and when the time & budget is right, I will surely get bigger diamonds :lol: I wear mine everyday and didn't have any problem with it. I don't think you'll see a big difference between the 2 vendors but I haven't laid my eyes on an ACA. I would of course, go bigger! Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you for telling your experience!

I'm emailing with IDJ and leaning toward them more and more :)

The main issue for me now, is how do I know I get what I'm supposed to get, especially five stone don't come with any certificates...I guess I just need to feel more secured and comfortable enough to make the purchase.

May I ask what are in the package, any appraisal from them that listed about diamonds' quality?

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Hi, @laaaaalala, I am excited to see what you decide on. All the best to you.​

I am also in the works of building a 5 stone ring. For now I want upgradable super ideal stones, so I am waiting for them to show up in the vendor's inventory.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another option would be to select 5 diamonds on your own (or with the help of PS) from Blue Nile, etc, then send them off to DK to be set in the setting style of your choice. I was able to do this and picked 5 x .30ct., F color, VS1/2 GIA diamonds that fell within super ideal parameters . The price was a little more than what IDJ had quoted me for a 1.5ctw ring made with diamonds without reports, but not much more, and I got exactly what I wanted.

jepr

Rough_Rock
Thank you for telling your experience!

I'm emailing with IDJ and leaning toward them more and more :)

The main issue for me now, is how do I know I get what I'm supposed to get, especially five stone don't come with any certificates...I guess I just need to feel more secured and comfortable enough to make the purchase.

May I ask what are in the package, any appraisal from them that listed about diamonds' quality?

Yes, I did get an appraisal from them stating all the info of my ring. You can also send it to an independent appraiser if you just want to be sure of the quality they provided are what it is :)

stc715

Rough_Rock
hi hi! I have a 1.5 ishhh five stone (they're slightly graduated and I forget exact specs). I'm a 5.25ish and it fits really perfectly with no rub. It's the only thing i wear most of the time.

I wonder if them being sliiightly graduated helps with comfort?

Mine isn't from IDJ or WF but I think you can deff find the right five stone for you!

I tried seven stones also and had the same issue. Five made a HUGE difference for me! Gluck!

Last edited:

laaaaalala

Rough_Rock

Hi, @laaaaalala, I am excited to see what you decide on. All the best to you.​

I am also in the works of building a 5 stone ring. For now I want upgradable super ideal stones, so I am waiting for them to show up in the vendor's inventory.

That's so exciting!! Would you say super ideal stones really looks different?

Good luck with the project:)

laaaaalala

Rough_Rock
Yes, I did get an appraisal from them stating all the info of my ring. You can also send it to an independent appraiser if you just want to be sure of the quality they provided are what it is :)
Thanks! The appraisal makes me feel more comfortable!!

hi hi! I have a 1.5 ishhh five stone (they're slightly graduated and I forget exact specs). I'm a 5.25ish and it fits really perfectly with no rub. It's the only thing i wear most of the time.

I wonder if them being sliiightly graduated helps with comfort?

Mine isn't from IDJ or WF but I think you can deff find the right five stone for you!

I tried seven stones also and had the same issue. Five made a HUGE difference for me! Gluck!
It's great to know that 5 stones will make a huge difference! I'd definitely try graduated ones in person if I could , but now I think I'll stick with the same size stones. Thanks for the suggestion tho~

laaaaalala

Rough_Rock
Another option would be to select 5 diamonds on your own (or with the help of PS) from Blue Nile, etc, then send them off to DK to be set in the setting style of your choice. I was able to do this and picked 5 x .30ct., F color, VS1/2 GIA diamonds that fell within super ideal parameters . The price was a little more than what IDJ had quoted me for a 1.5ctw ring made with diamonds without reports, but not much more, and I got exactly what I wanted.

I tried...but the smallest finger size that BlueNile has in this ring is 5, and I assume it will not be returnable if I customize it to my finger size.

I'm glad you found what you wanted, that's the best :kiss2:

laaaaalala

Rough_Rock
Updates:

I'm still deciding since I was waiting for the refund from BN to be process. (BTW, BN really has good customer service and return process, everything went smoothly).

At first, I was leaning towards WF because their ACAs :kiss2:. Also height of the ring from them is 2.5mm, which is significantly lower than IDJ's band 3.3-3.5mm.

I trust every reviews here about IDJ, but still feel a little hesitated because it's a vender I never heard of, only know it from the internet and can't visit in person. (I hope this makes sense). I'd have a vacation in NY and get the ring without doubt if covid wasn't a thing, ahhh.

However, emailing with IDJ does makes me feel more comfortable the vender tho, also after I listed everything here...

I realized IDJ actually offers better color and clarity!!! with BIGGER diamonds, the only thing is WF has ACAs melees. Will ACA makes that much difference?

IDJ: 1.5ctw, F color, SI1+, Ideal-Excellent, height 3.3-3.5mm,$500 less,
WF: 1.25 ctw, F/G, VS, ACA, height: 2.5mm
another

I think I'll talk with IDJ more and see.

Thanks everyone for replying, everything is so helpful=)2=)2

Last edited:

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
Updates:

I'm still deciding since I was waiting for the refund from BN to be process. (BTW, BN really has good customer service and return process, everything went smoothly).

At first, I was leaning towards WF because their ACAs :kiss2:. Also height of the ring from them is 2.5mm, which is significantly lower than IDJ's band 3.3-3.5mm.

I trust every reviews here about IDJ, but still feel a little hesitated because it's a vender I never heard of, only know it from the internet and can't visit in person. (I hope this makes sense). I'd have a vacation in NY and get the ring without doubt if covid wasn't a thing, ahhh.

However, emailing with IDJ does makes me feel more comfortable the vender tho, also after I listed everything here...

I realized IDJ actually offers better color and clarity!!! with BIGGER diamonds, the only thing is WF has ACAs melees. Will ACA makes that much difference?

IDJ: 1.5ctw, F color, SI1+, Ideal-Excellent, height 3.3-3.5mm,$500 less,
WF: 1.25 ctw, F/G, VS, ACA, height: 2.5mm
another

I think I'll talk with IDJ more and see.

Thanks everyone for replying, everything is so helpful=)2=)2

Just in case it helps, I was able to visit ID jewelry last year when I was looking for something else. They really took good care of me, and I ended up buying something. After getting home, I decided it wasn’t what I wanted, so I sent it back with no problems. I had a great experience with them, and I think I’m going to get a 5 stone from them also. It’s stressful when you can’t go somewhere in person, but I think you can trust the reviews!

laaaaalala

Rough_Rock
Yes, Here's my wife's (size 4.75) 1.27ctw 5 stone shared prong ring from WF.

1.15ct.JPG

The rings look amazing on her!

Does she feels the stone or prong in between fingers? I've talked with WF and the representative told me I'll definitely feel it in my fingers, but I don't want any size smaller than 25pointer each.

Just in case it helps, I was able to visit ID jewelry last year when I was looking for something else. They really took good care of me, and I ended up buying something. After getting home, I decided it wasn’t what I wanted, so I sent it back with no problems. I had a great experience with them, and I think I’m going to get a 5 stone from them also. It’s stressful when you can’t go somewhere in person, but I think you can trust the reviews!

Thank you for sharing!! I feel more assured about the vendor from the good reviews in here since I've checked a lot posts now :razz::razz:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does she feels the stone or prong in between fingers? I've talked with WF and the representative told me I'll definitely feel it in my fingers, but I don't want any size smaller than 25pointer each.
No, but I think .25 pointer is the biggest she can go on her 4.75 size finger w/o spilling over to the side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results