shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing pair for studs please

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I'm in search of a pair of hand picked studs. I'm hoping to have them set with the vendor online. After doing some price shopping, it seems that Ritani has the best price on a 3 prong martini14k setting and is now offering 10% off on LGD's. I've spent a lot of time looking at stones and I would love some help from the experts. It seems they may have their own inventory and don't have access to loosegrowndiamonds and other vendors inventory.
My wish list is: approx 1 ctw, eye clean, highest color I can get for price. It's my understanding that for studs, brilliance is more important, especially if they are on the smaller size. My budget is around $250 per stone.
I found this one that may be good (in my novice opinion). https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG625402955 Is this a good first stone to start with?
Also, how can I show a stone video for advice without showing cert #?
Hoping to hear from @Kim N and @DejaWiz and anyone else with advice.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks pretty good, but there is some over-obstruction, which may not be an issue in earrings since they're not viewed as closely as rings.

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
The stone looks pretty good, but there is some over-obstruction, which may not be an issue in earrings since they're not viewed as closely as rings.

Thanks Kim N. Can you explain over-obstruction? I'm still trying to learn all this stuff. Also any advice on any other stones that might make a good pair for studs? I feel it's much more difficult trying to find a somewhat matching pair. Some sites try to pair 2 up for you but they seem very different. Am I better off just getting the stones first?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kim N. Can you explain over-obstruction? I'm still trying to learn all this stuff. Also any advice on any other stones that might make a good pair for studs? I feel it's much more difficult trying to find a somewhat matching pair. Some sites try to pair 2 up for you but they seem very different. Am I better off just getting the stones first?

The pavilion depth is 42.5% (we typically see 43%), and there is a little paddling (extra darkness) at some of the arrow tips.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still around? I've found a pair for you.

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Wow, those are perfect. Never did a search for VVS1. Thank you again @Kim N . Will grab them right now!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are perfect. Never did a search for VVS1. Thank you again @Kim N . Will grab them right now!

You're welcome! I hope you're able to secure them. Please come back to share photos after they arrive!

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
@Kim N ....thank you for your help searching for perfect stones for me. Unfortunately, to build a stud set with their setting, Ritani will only allow their choices of diamond combos, so I was unable to use the great stones you suggested.
Guess I'll have to look for other options.
Thank you for your time and effort. Any advice, anyone, on how to get chosen stones set in a simple 3 prong martini earring setting? Thanks

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N ....thank you for your help searching for perfect stones for me. Unfortunately, to build a stud set with their setting, Ritani will only allow their choices of diamond combos, so I was unable to use the great stones you suggested.
Guess I'll have to look for other options.
Thank you for your time and effort. Any advice, anyone, on how to get chosen stones set in a simple 3 prong martini earring setting? Thanks

Darn, that's very restrictive of Ritani. I too would prefer to use self-selected diamonds rather than their preselected combos. How about David Klass Jewelry for the setting?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Ritani can do a custom order if you have specific stones in mind. Just start a chat with them.

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Ritani can do a custom order if you have specific stones in mind. Just start a chat with them.

Thank you @0-0-0 . I will do that today!

Darn, that's very restrictive of Ritani. I too would prefer to use self-selected diamonds rather than their preselected combos. How about David Klass Jewelry for the setting?

Good idea Kim, he did my ER and I love it. If Ritani can't help me I'll contact him. Thanks again for the great stone picks!

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Ok....all ordered from Ritani. Took awhile but they were able to do it. Thanks again all for the help. Will post picks when they arrive!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results