shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing (or re-doing) a mismatched pearl earring set

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

This is inspired by a pair of mismatched earrings that another user (icy jade) has.

I acquired this pre-loved pair of mismatched Kamoka studs a while back and have decided to find them similarly mismatched dangles. They're about 8.7-8.8mm and are both Tahitians.

Room 1.jpg

I got some options (WSSP x Tahitian) from another vendor and can't really decide.

These are both 10mm (in width not length I believe), and are the same price per pair. The bottom dark pearl looks more colourful but the bottom pair isn't very symmetrical.

10mm 1.jpg

2nd option, also 10mm but about 23% more expensive. From the looks of it, it might be because the tahitian pearl is alot finer

10mm 2.jpg

Finally, 11mm pairs that are *sobs* 2x the price of the 2nd 10mm option...

I love the first pair here.

11mm.jpg

Comparison photo of all sets:

All.jpg

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
I feel like the very first pair (10mm) is the best bang for buck, the 4th pair (11mm) is the most gorgeous and closest colour fit, and the 3rd pair (10mm) is a compromise.

However I'm also not sure what the appropriate size for not quite 9mm rounds. Will all these drop pearls be alot larger as the size is for width not length?

Also, I won't get the opportunity to see how they pair with my original pair (which I only spent ~$180 on) before committing to a purchase.

Should I just make a new pair out of these instead?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I would make a new pair with these because I wouldnt want you to count on them matching your original pair.

2. I'm not one of the best experts here, but the 2 I marked here are my personal favorites. I dont know how they'll look side by side, but they are the two my eyes were immediately drawn to. 20211222_082847.jpg

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I'd call Kamoka and ask if they can help find a match and make the earrings for you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results