shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Choosing Location - Bora Bora Pics Inside!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I know, another thread by me where I am looking for advice on Bora Bora. However, this one might be more fun because I am just looking for opinions on which background/location would be best for the actual ceremony. The pictures and background are really important to me since I'm eloping, so help me choose the most breathtaking and scenic option.

I'm indecisive, FI says thay would all be fine, and most of our family/friends don't know we're eloping yet, so I turn to you PS to give me your best advice. :D

First pictures are from the Four Seasons. I have 2 options there. First is the main beach and second is a tropical grove just off the lagoon. I believe both have the bungalows in the background, which I am not sure I like...

grove.jpg

beach.jpg

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
My other option is to stay and have the ceremony at the St. Regis. They also have two wedding options. First is next to a private pool that is in the middle of 5 private cabanas. The coordinator said that this would be an intimate location.

pool2.jpg

pool1.jpg

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Second option at the St. Regis is on the main beach, which can be seen on the left of this picture. The coordinator also said that this area is isolated, but I don't know if there are bungalows in the background.

Thanks for looking!

beachonleft.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
By any chance are there bigger pictures anywhere? They're a bit too small to make an informed decision!

But, just from those little pictures, I think I like the Four Seasons grove best.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Bora is known for its volcano, and you can't really see it at the St. Regis site. Four seasons looks like bora bora, whereas St. Regis looks like a very nice resort.. not bb.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty - I assumed that standing on the St. Regis beach, I would still be facing the volcano. I know the SR is slightly north of the FS, but I thought it would still be looking at the main island landscape. Based on your experience, are you sure that you can't see the volcano from the SR beach?

Sorry everyone, I know the pics are small, but I just figured out how to make them bigger. I'll just do what I assume will be the top two choices.

grove2.jpg

beach2.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry said:
By any chance are there bigger pictures anywhere? They're a bit too small to make an informed decision!

But, just from those little pictures, I think I like the Four Seasons grove best.

Yes, any bigger pictures? It's quiet hard to see.

If I have to pick, I like the last picture. However, you don't know what the beach look like. It's hard to say.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i haven't been to bb yet, only moorea. i'm judging by the pictures only!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty sure that the St. Regis beach also faces the volcano (you just can't see in the picture), so any opinions please assume that. I'm going to ask the coordinator to verify.

Thanks for the pointing that out ForteKitty - I definitely wouldn't want that location IF it doesn't face the volcano.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I like the first picture. When I think of Bora Bora, the first thing that comes to mind are those awesome cabana thingies...I think they are amazing and the mountain in the background tops it off.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
An unexpected vote for the main beach, thank you for the input amc80. I'll post a larger picture in case I overlooked its beauty...

main beach.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
You overlooked its beauty. :)

The cabanas don't detract AT ALL.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, last insane picture from me. I found this on a different website, and it looks like the view from the SR Beach. This is the last addendum. Sorry I'm nuts. :oops:

beachview.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I like the last picture and the beach2 and grove 2 pictures. I don't really like the main beach.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry said:

Agreed. That picture IS Bora Bora.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
OMG they are all so beautiful I dont' think I can even help! SORRY!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
amc80 said:
sillyberry said:

Agreed. That picture IS Bora Bora.

I agree! The first picture at the Four Seasons is just STUNNING!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the grove but all are beautiful options.

The grove looks very private and intimate but still has that amazing view of the mountains and water. Just.... amazing.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the opinions everyone. I was initially leaning towards the grove, but then I got the pics from the St. Regis and it just made me more confused.

I wish there was something that made me really prefer one over the other (cost, luxury, something...), but so far nothing has jumped out at me. Please keep giving me your opinions, I feel like I've looked at them too much and have completely lost perspective.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would avoid the St. Regis pool because that looks like it could be almost anywhere. All of the other locations are beautiful! The grove might be my favorite, but I'd want to see more pictures of the area since that one is so small.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Cali, you know im not a BIW, but a LIW, but as a friend, i like the Main Beach and also the grove. The nice thign about the grove would be the scent from the flowers and how intimate it would be. The beach is nice also, and the sound of the waves would be a nice background, and it says Bora Bora.......keep me/us informed of your decision

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the grove. But, honestly, all the options are gorgeous so you can't go wrong!

Good luck making this decision!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the Four Season's Grove as well! How exciting!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hey calibali-

Have you seen Couples Retreat? It was filmed at the Ritz. I am pretty sure the yoga scene takes place in the lagoon. You might want to check it out.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Amc80 - you got me really excited for a second. I would love to have another option, but I just did a search and found out there is no Ritz on Bora Bora and that movie was actually filmed at the St. Regis. So I take it you think the St. Regis would be a better option?

I still haven't committed to either, they're both being obnoxious.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ha! So sorry! Totally thought it was the Ritz. But yeah, the lagoon at the St. Regis (assuming that's what it was) in the movie is gorgeous. Although I love the beach at the Four Seasons. Really, I think you can't go wrong with either...I mean it's Bora Bora. Is there a difference as far as menu/price/etc.? If you assume location is a tie, what other factors can you consider?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Amc80 - that's my exact dilemma - there is nothing distinguishing the two. The St. Regis is more expensive for a room, but a wedding there is a bit cheaper so it essentially balances out. The only thing so far is that the coordinator at the Four Seasons is much more prompt and helpful than the St. Regis, so that's making me lean a little that way.

I don't know, I wish one of them would give me a friggin deal and make my decision easier. I'm going to keep bothering them and just see what happens I suppose.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm sticking with my original vote- beach at the Four Seasons. When I look at all the pictures it's the one that takes my breath away.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Any update on this? What did you pick?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results