shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Choosing James Allen Diamond

Kay90

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I'm looking to buy a lab diamond from James Allen during their 25% off of settings sale.

I know more than the average person about diamonds but less than most of you! I understand the basics and know there are proportions I should be looking for but I don't have them memorized. I've read about the importance of the HCA tool but am not sure where to find it or if there's a limit on how many times I can use it.

I'm looking for a 1.2-1.4ct lab diamond in the colorless or near colorless range. I have two eternity bands of natural diamonds that are in the F-G range so I don't want a center stone lower than that.

Thank you all in advance!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

I'm looking to buy a lab diamond from James Allen during their 25% off of settings sale.

I know more than the average person about diamonds but less than most of you! I understand the basics and know there are proportions I should be looking for but I don't have them memorized. I've read about the importance of the HCA tool but am not sure where to find it or if there's a limit on how many times I can use it.

I'm looking for a 1.2-1.4ct lab diamond in the colorless or near colorless range. I have two eternity bands of natural diamonds that are in the F-G range so I don't want a center stone lower than that.

Thank you all in advance!
The HCA tool is the fist tool you can pull up by clicking the Tool tab on the top of the page. Use of it is unlimited as far as I know. You just have to open the IGI certs, and plug in the numbers (Crown angle, pavilion angle etc) found on the diagram of the diamonds and Voila!

Happy hunting!

Kay90

Rough_Rock
The HCA tool is the fist tool you can pull up by clicking the Tool tab on the top of the page. Use of it is unlimited as far as I know. You just have to open the IGI certs, and plug in the numbers (Crown angle, pavilion angle etc) found on the diagram of the diamonds and Voila!

Happy hunting!

Thanks so much!! I was able to use it 3 times then it said I would have to pay for more attempts. Does anyone know if it'll reset soon or if I'm better off buying more attempts?

nyc_sparkler

Rough_Rock
If you're looking for the best possible cut, you could look at the JA "True Hearts" selections for IGI certified hearts & arrows cut, in addition to using the HCA tool. I've been contemplating a pair of ideal cut lab diamonds for studs and noticed earlier this month that JA drastically increased their True Hearts inventory. They definitely also have the best imaging (pictures of the actual hearts & arrows views) versus other vendors (but are priced at a premium).
Sometimes, True Hearts doesn't show up as a cut filter option, but you can google for it and click through.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results