Trade
1 no, to much dark at the same time.
2 same
3 wrong video for the numbers
4 leaky
answer to question is No

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I just don’t get what to look for then. How can you see “leaky” in that video? Or does someone have a video of a good one so I can see what that looks like?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I don't know how Karl sees leakage in that awful video but take him at his word.
You ask a good question, what does a good one look like?
It took me forever to even get the most rudimentary understanding of this, but watch as the video clicks around. The facets should turn on and off, not stay static or the same for several turns. If several stay dark, they'll stay dark on your hand and you won't be thrilled.
Keep trying. It's worth it.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how Karl sees leakage in that awful video but take him at his word.
You ask a good question, what does a good one look like?
It took me forever to even get the most rudimentary understanding of this, but watch as the video clicks around. The facets should turn on and off, not stay static or the same for several turns. If several stay dark, they'll stay dark on your hand and you won't be thrilled.
Keep trying. It's worth it.

But that’s what I thought I saw in these so I just really don’t get it I guess. I would love to see a video of a “good” one. I realize he can’t recommend specific ones being in the industry so it doesn’t have to be one for sale. I just want to be able to compare side by side so I start “seeing” it because right now I’m not.

Anyone buy a good one recently where the video is still up?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same problem as you. I can't tell by watching a video. I ended up buying a Jann Paul EC. I haven't received it yet, but I've seen it in multiple lighting conditions and the sales person had eyes on it. Also, JP has a reputation for their quality control. I would say to go with a company that has a good reputation for reps that give honest opinions. Also, make sure you know their return policy. Narrow down your choices and order. Get yourself an ASET scope (about $50) and a diamond ring holder ($10 on Amazon). When you get the diamond, wear it into all types of lighting and look for those flashes. Remember, it is a different type of flash than other cuts. I don't have mine yet or I'd post lots of videos!

Also, here are some videos to look at:

Lauren B - EC- Clarity
Good Old Gold
Lauren B-2

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same problem as you. I can't tell by watching a video. I ended up buying a Jann Paul EC. I haven't received it yet, but I've seen it in multiple lighting conditions and the sales person had eyes on it. Also, JP has a reputation for their quality control. I would say to go with a company that has a good reputation for reps that give honest opinions. Also, make sure you know their return policy. Narrow down your choices and order. Get yourself an ASET scope (about $50) and a diamond ring holder ($10 on Amazon). When you get the diamond, wear it into all types of lighting and look for those flashes. Remember, it is a different type of flash than other cuts. I don't have mine yet or I'd post lots of videos!

Also, here are some videos to look at:

Lauren B - EC- Clarity
Good Old Gold
Lauren B-2

If this were an important purchase I would but I’m just buying a fun ring. I still want to get a decent stone but it’s not a significant piece of jewelry where I’d want to spend the upcharge for those retailers that offer super service and specialty cuts. Just want to know how to pick a decent enough stone that it’s not a total dud.

I do have an asset scope already but again this isn’t a significant purchase so I am trying to keep costs low and repeatedly having to buy and pay to ship back stones is what I am trying to avoid.

I’d like to be able to see what others see in these videos so I can pick a decent stone and have it set and shipped to me.

Just want a little education. Seeing a few of these spinning Loupe videos of decent stones would help.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Gold Old Gold videos with Rhino - YES! I watched those many, many times to get an "ah ha" moment.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Check out BGD’s emerald cuts for videos and ASET images of what well cut ones should look like

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results