shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing between this local stone and an online offering

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
2.50 F looks ever so slightly better to my eyes, if we're treading into nitpick territory.

I still think that the Ritani diamond wins this race.

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
I just got off the phone with the sales rep at WF and she said they are almost identical visually so they give the nod to that one as well.

My wallet hopes you are correct about the Ritani stone.

The WF rep said Ritani stones are a lot cheaper for a reason…

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the light performance images from WF on the two stones they acquired for me and the stone linked above from Ritani is supposed to be shipped to me today.

At this point all I have is a photo and the cut proportions for the 2.7 carat Ritani stone:
ritani 2.7.jpg
ritanicutprofile.jpg

Here are the images from WF:
2.50 F VS1
Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG542202669-Diamond.jpg Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG542202669-Hearts.jpg Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG542202669-IdealScope.jpg Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG542202669-ASET.jpg

2.51 G VVS2:
Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG542202669-ASET.jpg
Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG502111174-Diamond.jpg
Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG502111174-Hearts.jpg Hearts-and-Arrows-Round-Lab-Created-Diamond-IGI-LG502111174-IdealScope.jpg

I, obviously, really wish I had similar light performance images for the Ritani stone.

Can you tell me which WF stone has better images? And can you hazard a guess as to whether or not it will be obviously superior to the Ritani stone? The difference in price is substantial--$7900 for WF vs $4400 for the Ritani stone.

I'll just have to pay to have the WF stone shipped so I can compare in person--just wondering what you think!

If I've omitted other important data I can certainly add it--please let me know.

Thanks again for your help--it is greatly appreciated!

I noticed you've posted the ASET for the F twice, and the ASET for the G is actually in the attachment. I prefer the G. The cut looks more uniform, and I like the 56% table more than the 57.5% of the F.

Will your beginner scope kit arrive soon so that you can use it on the Ritani stone?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I just got off the phone with the sales rep at WF and she said they are almost identical visually so they give the nod to that one as well.

My wallet hopes you are correct about the Ritani stone.

The WF rep said Ritani stones are a lot cheaper for a reason…

Can't blame the WF rep for that statement since they are putting in the effort to fully assess and vet the diamond for full customer peace of mind, which is something you'd have to do yourself with a purchase from Ritani.
I will say that my wife's Ritani diamond has perfect Ideal-Scope and ASET Images...and I was prepared to send it back if not. After I verified the optical performance, my next step was a stop at the local jeweler that we worked with for the setting to test the diamond: what sealed the deal was that it tested as Type IIa, so no measurable traces of nitrogen or boron making it as pure as a diamond as possible!

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Ritani 2.94. I get nothing but compliments!

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
I noticed you've posted the ASET for the F twice, and the ASET for the G is actually in the attachment. I prefer the G. The cut looks more uniform, and I like the 56% table more than the 57.5% of the F.

Will your beginner scope kit arrive soon so that you can use it on the Ritani stone?

Sorry about the image posting mistake--I was doing it quickly before my wife got home!

Yes! I just received the beginner scope kit tonight. Hopefully I will be able to use it properly. I happen to be red-green colorblind so I'm leery about distinguishing the pink shades that are to be expected with home use--I see the vivid red images online without a problem but from what I read it won't be that way through the scope? It's always something!

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
Does anyone recall if the Ritani shipments arrive without obvious labeling? It looks like it's arriving tomorrow during the day so my wife will be signing for it... I tried to have it held at a local FedEx site but haven't been successful...

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone recall if the Ritani shipments arrive without obvious labeling? It looks like it's arriving tomorrow during the day so my wife will be signing for it... I tried to have it held at a local FedEx site but haven't been successful...
Usually jewelry shipments arrive completely unmarked for security reasons. I would be very surprised if even the return address indicated Ritani and not just a nondescript company name.

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
Usually jewelry shipments arrive completely unmarked for security reasons. I would be very surprised if even the return address indicated Ritani and not just a nondescript company name.

Perfect—that’s what I was hoping.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My packages all clearly said Ritani and had signature required.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock

All 7 of my purchases from Ritani have labeling coming from Meyer. Ritani is not listed on the outside of the package.

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
All 7 of my purchases from Ritani have labeling coming from Meyer. Ritani is not listed on the outside of the package.

Well, I have a message from FedEx that my wife signed for the Ritani package this morning so hopefully the markings are subtle!... I had both stones from WF sent and they will be arriving tomorrow--at least those will be at my local FedEx office for me to pick up! I meet with my jeweler on Thur to compare these three stones with his.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh I can't wait to see what you think of the Ritani! I am a huge fan! Pics don't do it justice. For the record, I went from a 2.07 from Clean Origin to this 2.47 from Ritani and I had them set it too! Ritani ring.jpg

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
ooh I can't wait to see what you think of the Ritani! I am a huge fan! Pics don't do it justice. For the record, I went from a 2.07 from Clean Origin to this 2.47 from Ritani and I had them set it too! Ritani ring.jpg

The Ritani stone looks beautiful to my untrained eye!—like a disco ball with the sun coming through our den window! It seems like a good performer under the ideal scope but I really need to compare it with the WF stones (they arrive today) so I know I’m using it correctly.

Sorry I don’t have a picture to show—I’m sneaking peeks while keeping it hidden from my wife.

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock

Sorry!!—your ring is beautiful!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Ritani stone looks beautiful to my untrained eye!—like a disco ball with the sun coming through our den window! It seems like a good performer under the ideal scope but I really need to compare it with the WF stones (they arrive today) so I know I’m using it correctly.

Sorry I don’t have a picture to show—I’m sneaking peeks while keeping it hidden from my wife.

I understand! Glad you are liking what you are seeing so far with the Ritani! Can't wait for pics/videos between them all.

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
Okay--I finally have all 3 stones. Honestly, they all look beautiful to me and I compared them in both dark and sunlight and they all seem to perform similarly. In addition, I used my IdealScope and, to my novice eye, the Ritani stone seems very very close to the two WF stones. The IS image is not as static as I hoped (moving my eye around can change the image more than I thought it might) but I really feel like the Ritani stone is comparable--and certainly worth the significantly lower price.

Here are some photos I tried to take--they are probably worthless to you all but I tried!... I was about to meet up with the jeweler to proceed with him setting the Ritani stone. If any of you notice any significant issues with it please let me know!

Thanks so much! Again, sorry for the bad photos!

comparison 1.jpeg comparison 2jpeg.jpeg Ritani stone.jpeg WF G.jpeg WF F.jpeg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay--I finally have all 3 stones. Honestly, they all look beautiful to me and I compared them in both dark and sunlight and they all seem to perform similarly. In addition, I used my IdealScope and, to my novice eye, the Ritani stone seems very very close to the two WF stones. The IS image is not as static as I hoped (moving my eye around can change the image more than I thought it might) but I really feel like the Ritani stone is comparable--and certainly worth the significantly lower price.

Here are some photos I tried to take--they are probably worthless to you all but I tried!... I was about to meet up with the jeweler to proceed with him setting the Ritani stone. If any of you notice any significant issues with it please let me know!

The Ritani looks to be a winner and competes quite nicely with the WF diamonds! Heck, and you save yourself a few dollars too!!

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Take video might help you decide. Bring all 3 stone from shade area and move into sunny area, and back to shade area. Make sure move all stone around to see how do they catch lights, and see how they go dark under the sun. Also try same thing in the house, from darker room to bright room to sunny room and don’t forget bring next to window. You will see the one most stands out!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take video might help you decide. Bring all 3 stone from shade area and move into sunny area, and back to shade area. Make sure move all stone around to see how do they catch lights, and see how they go dark under the sun. Also try same thing in the house, from darker room to bright room to sunny room and don’t forget bring next to window. You will see the one most stands out!

I agree completely!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like the close-up photos, and I'm glad the Ritani stone is more than holding its own against the WF stones, for significantly less!

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
Kim N: I can't thank you enough for the link to that Ritani stone!--it worked out great for me! The setting won't be complete until early Feb but I will post a picture of the ring when it's all done! The info here is invaluable and I sincerely appreciate everyone's help with this!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim N: I can't thank you enough for the link to that Ritani stone!--it worked out great for me! The setting won't be complete until early Feb but I will post a picture of the ring when it's all done! The info here is invaluable and I sincerely appreciate everyone's help with this!

Oh, that's fantastic! I'm glad that stone was a winner and so happy I could help! Looking forward to seeing your photos of the completed ring!

whit prowdy

Rough_Rock
Finally got the completed ring!--will be giving it to her during our trip next week. She will be able to change the setting if she doesn't love this one or if she wants to try and include her current stone. Sorry if the pictures aren't the greatest--I've learned it's challenging getting good photos!... Thanks again for everyone's help with the diamond purchase--truly appreciated it!

IMG_7553.jpeg
IMG_7554.jpeg
IMG_7555.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got the completed ring!--will be giving it to her during our trip next week. She will be able to change the setting if she doesn't love this one or if she wants to try and include her current stone. Sorry if the pictures aren't the greatest--I've learned it's challenging getting good photos!... Thanks again for everyone's help with the diamond purchase--truly appreciated it!

IMG_7553.jpeg
IMG_7554.jpeg
IMG_7555.jpeg

Beautiful! :love: Hope she is blown away by it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results