shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing between these two tourmalines?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

Would anyone mind helping us choose between these two Congo tourmalines? They are each 1.94 carats and within .5 mm of the same size. I am told that the one on the right exhibits more of the neon blue-green, but the one on the left has 16 more facets than what he normally cuts - which adds more brilliancy. We have not seen a tourmaline in person, so it is hard to choose based on the photos.

We will be placing the tourmaline in a white gold three stone ring with dark/reddish purple Four Peaks Amethyst trilliants on either side (the other side stone choices are aquamarine or a raspberry/pink spinel or garnet). What are your opinions of these stones? Many thanks!
36.gif

twotrms.JPG

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another picture of the two ....

TwoTrmsB[2].JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, they both look rather dark in the pictures. I can''t say pick one or the other without seeing them in person and checking them out in various lighting.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
We found these at www.customgemstones.com , the 2nd stone (one on right) is currently pictured under his "just completed" section. I think the picture on his website is better than the one I posted. I kind of like the darker/more teal color on these two stones. I understand he does very nice work. I am anxious to make a decision today and get these in the mail.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a frequent customer of Dan''s as well and recognized the stones and background picture immediately.
31.gif

Dan is honest and is your best bet in recommending the stone that would best suit your taste. My personal experience is that the stones I receive are slightly darker than in his pictures, so I would avoid stones that are labeled medium dark to dark. Pick a stone that is medium and brighter.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am drawn to the one on the left, probably because of the way it looks with more faceting...it even seems a little more bright in the picture, but I''d definitely confer with the vendor since he has the stones in hand!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 2:32:41 PM
Author: Chrono
I am a frequent customer of Dan''s as well and recognized the stones and background picture immediately.
31.gif

Dan is honest and is your best bet in recommending the stone that would best suit your taste. My personal experience is that the stones I receive are slightly darker than in his pictures, so I would avoid stones that are labeled medium dark to dark. Pick a stone that is medium and brighter.
ditto, everything here.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your responses ... we are going with the one on the left. I really can''t wait!! Will post pics of the stone when it arrives. Now I have to pick my setting
19.gif
I am thinking of something somewhat swirly & contemporary, but not sure how well the emerald cut lends itself to that look. The other choice is a three stone with amethyst. I am drawn to the Four Peaks Amethyst, and this stone would probably look nice with trilliants on each side.

Anyhow, thanks again!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results