shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing a vendor for this ring?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PSers! :wavey: I have finally decided to do an e-ring reset into a solitaire. I can’t believe I never considered a solitaire when I upgraded my diamond 3 years ago! I like how the diamond really pops in a solitaire and I really want a wedding band (or 2, lol!) for a change. I have never had one in 15 years of marriage and 3 e-rings! Thanks to beautiful rings posted here, I believe I have narrowed it down to a couple styles. I have a few questions on one of them that I could use help with. My diamond is a 3.25ct round, color I, 9.5mm for reference (my avatar).

The things that are very important to me:
Diamond ~2mm above finger, so ~8mm height (no lower and 8 1/2mm tops!)
Plain shank with no taper from top view, 2mm width minimum
Claw prongs
Flush fit or minimal gap with wedding band
Curvy basket with soft lines

Mayk’s beautiful VC ring is my inspiration as well as Brilliantly Engaged the “Adrienne”, both with a plain shank. My absolute favorite element is the curved struts, kind of like a margarita glass or a flower blooming around the diamond.

Would double claw prongs look ok with this ring style or stick to single claw? I love my SK double claw prongs!!!

Which vendor can best execute this style? Obviously VC!!! But, any other vendors I should consider? I am strongly leaning toward hand forged right now. I have not seen a ring by SK that is similar but he probably could do it? Any others?

Here is Mayk’s ring (Mayk – Good luck selling this beauty! Hope you don’t mind me posting a picture of your ring).
mayk_s_vc_evelyn.jpg

Here is Adrienne by BE.
be_adrienne_ring.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please do not tell me you are unsetting it from the side pear setting!!!! ;( It is so beautiful!!!

But if you do, Victor and Steven obviously make the pave setting you are interested in all the time, so that seems to make the most sense.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the compliment! I recently saw another ring very similar. I will say while the style was the same it was not close to VC's quality. I can not say enough nice things about working with Victor. He is hands down the nicest person to do business with. Prompt email responses easy to engage in questions and work for me completed on time. First class all the way.

I've also worked with Chris at BE and he was also a pleasure.

My personal preference is VC's ring with the Catedral sides. Total personal choice.

_2339.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd do Brilliantly Engaged's handforged bench. THey are making some seriously gorgeous pieces for significantly less than than Steven or Victor.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Mayk|1457333721|4000894 said:
Thank you for the compliment! I recently saw another ring very similar. I will say while the style was the same it was not close to VC's quality. I can not say enough nice things about working with Victor. He is hands down the nicest person to do business with. Prompt email responses easy to engage in questions and work for me completed on time. First class all the way.

My personal preference is VC's ring with the Catedral sides. Total personal choice.

Thanks for responding Mayk! I agree, I like the cathedral style too! Do you happen to know the height of your setting, diamond table down to finger? I really want a medium height. My current ring is too low set for my personal taste. I wish I could get pave on the sides like yours, but I have found pave to bother my neighboring fingers. Do you think this setting will look ok with no pave on the shank but still have pave around the basket? When I look at your ring, it is just so stunning!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1457324702|4000860 said:
Please do not tell me you are unsetting it from the side pear setting!!!! ;( It is so beautiful!!!

But if you do, Victor and Steven obviously make the pave setting you are interested in all the time, so that seems to make the most sense.

Thanks Diamondseeker! I do really love my current ring. I was actually going to do the reset a year ago and decided to hold out to make sure I really wanted to do it. So, at least I have taken some time to make sure that is what I want! I wouldn't get pave on the shank, but I am guessing you would still recommend Victor or Steven?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1457339538|4000903 said:
I'd do Brilliantly Engaged's handforged bench. THey are making some seriously gorgeous pieces for significantly less than than Steven or Victor.

Thanks Gypsy! I will add Chris to the list.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tweeter8177|1457362036|4000985 said:
Mayk|1457333721|4000894 said:

Thanks for responding Mayk! I agree, I like the cathedral style too! Do you happen to know the height of your setting, diamond table down to finger? I really want a medium height. My current ring is too low set for my personal taste. I wish I could get pave on the sides like yours, but I have found pave to bother my neighboring fingers. Do you think this setting will look ok with no pave on the shank but still have pave around the basket? When I look at your ring, it is just so stunning!

I'm sorry I don't know the height and Grace has it so I can't check. I think it will be lovely even with a plain shank. Which I would for sure want the cathedral sides with no pave. Seems more fluid to me. Again just my opinion.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Any thoughts on whether double claw prongs would work on this style ring or would it look funny? I really love my current SK claw prongs!!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 for Chris At BE

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1457402105|4001307 said:
+1 for Chris At BE
Ditto!

Chris is such a gentleman, i have enjoyed working with him!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tweeter8177|1457362496|4000991 said:

Thanks Diamondseeker! I do really love my current ring. I was actually going to do the reset a year ago and decided to hold out to make sure I really wanted to do it. So, at least I have taken some time to make sure that is what I want! I wouldn't get pave on the shank, but I am guessing you would still recommend Victor or Steven?

Well, Victor would be my top choice, but I missed that you said no pave on the shank. m2b happens to have her VC Gabriella setting on sale for a great price on Jewels by Grace if it would fit your stone.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/victor-canera-6-prong-gabriella-solitaire-setting-spacer-t210534.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/victor-canera-6-prong-gabriella-solitaire-setting-spacer-t210534.html[/URL]

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/signed-pieces/gabriella-hand-forged-setting-by-victor-canera#.Vt5njvkrLIU

I am not opposed to the BE idea if there are similar handforged settings without the pave shank that we could see. I would not pursue that unless some examples are posted to compare.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1457416615|4001352 said:
tweeter8177|1457362496|4000991 said:

Well, Victor would be my top choice, but I missed that you said no pave on the shank. m2b happens to have her VC Gabriella setting on sale for a great price on Jewels by Grace if it would fit your stone.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/victor-canera-6-prong-gabriella-solitaire-setting-spacer-t210534.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/victor-canera-6-prong-gabriella-solitaire-setting-spacer-t210534.html[/URL]

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/signed-pieces/gabriella-hand-forged-setting-by-victor-canera#.Vt5njvkrLIU

I am not opposed to the BE idea if there are similar handforged settings without the pave shank that we could see. I would not pursue that unless some examples are posted to compare.

Thanks! I saw M2Bs ring and even asked her some questions about it last year! While it is a great price, I think I prefer 4 prong and a flush fit. Good point on asking BE to see similar handforged settings!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your opinions! Does anyone have thoughts on whether double claw prongs would work for this style ring?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless you have a cushion I would not do double prongs for this style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results