shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing a halo setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlossomBee

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, up until today I have been a lurker
6.gif
) But now I joined because I really wanted your sought-after advice on a e-ring setting upgrade... Woo-hoo!!!

I have been married for nine years and my diamond is a round-brilliant 1.20k set in white gold with two tapered vertical baguettes to the east and west. Really lovely, slim, clean! (I will try to upload a photo if I figure out how, LOL). Recently I lost one of the side stones, and realized that the other three are loose also. Instead of repairing it, which we had had to do in the past and the jeweler made my ring look imperfect... Ugh!... we have decided to upgrade it entirely with a new style. (The baguette style was THE one I had always wanted since I was a little girl, because it''s a really "clean" looking cut, but it is NOT the most "sparkly" cut to be honest with you).

I am in love with the halo setting and would love it as an upgrade... Who wouldn''t? I have long slim fingers, I think I wear a size 5, and would like a small halo; nothing huge, or really tall, or really bulky. I really love this one from OurCustomRings.com. (See the link below). What if anything do you know about these jewelers? I know they sell mountings alone, (or with simulated diamonds), but what could be said about the quality in their side stones? What do you know about the precise white gold finish in white gold? Finally, what do you think of their price for this setting? ... And most importantly, do you LOVE this setting???

http://www.ourcustomweddingrings.com/product/KI-117084MO_18K-white-gold-diamond-engagement-ring-semi-mount

I have looked and looked on the internet and this is my fave design. I looked at Whiteflash and Tacori, but I didn''t really like anything too much... I don''t like the Ritani Endless Love that is so popular because it is too "empty" under the halo in my eyes. I prefer the dainty yet intricate design of this ring instead. Oh, and I also really want the halo to be on a prong-setting instead of a bezel.

Alternatively, I also like these two halos from Adiamor, which are simpler. Should I go for the simpler design, what do you think? What about Adiamor jewelers? Anyone use them and is happy with them?

http://www.adiamor.com/R-1379-R2877-1.htm

&
http://www.adiamor.com/R-1382-R2848-1.htm

Thank you so much in advance, I just feel so stuck, I''d appreciate your words of wisdom at this point.
6.gif
)

BB

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI and welcome to PS!

I personally have never heard of the ourcustomweddingbands.com. they very well may be reputable, I've just never heard of them.
Have you been to any jewelry stores where you can try on halos? I would definitely suggest doing this if you haven't. rings can look so different online than they do in person.

You might also want to check out the Beverley K rings at Pearlmans. they offer a discount to Pricescopers and the quality of the Beverley K rings is excellent. also, pearlmans will send out a setting for you to try on in person if you don't have a retailer in your area.

just a few other vendors you might want to look at too.

Brian Gavin

Whiteflash

Engagementringsdirect

BlossomBee

Rough_Rock
MsSalvo, thank you for your prompt response.
I am about to look at the links you suggested, these seem to be the most popular designers on this board actually. ;o)
I am and will remain overseas in Southern Europe and will not have the opportunity to try on many halo styles here... Especially not these designer names. The common e-ring on this market is less than .50ctw and with a very classic solitaire setting. Plus, they are overpriced in my humble opinion. Believe me, I would love the luxury of going to the jewelry store and trying on a bunch of halo styles, but it isn''t going to happen. So I am relying on the internet and on your guidance and advice. Thank you VERY much!!!

BB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results