Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 3.20ct

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.02ct

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

SparklesandVinegar

Rough_Rock
Hello all! So I’ve had a 2.02ct G VS1 lab grown pear for a couple years now. I recently set it in a halo setting from Adiamor. While it was beautiful, I feel like the halo setting doesn’t fit me and therefore, I would just prefer a solitaire. I will be selling the diamond if anyone is interested. I’m looking for a larger diamond since I would lose some finger coverage by just removing the halo. I would also like it to be in the DEF range as I’m sensitive to color. I know pears are best viewed in person, but since I’m buying online I would like a second opinion. I can always return it if it doesn't sparkle to my standards hehe. I have attached a few of my favorites so far. I would appreciate any input or guidance that the PS fam can provide. All are IGI certified. Thank you so so much in advance!!!

In no particular order…

Thank you again!!! Let me know if I’m missing any information as this is my first post here.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not an expert and definitely not a pear expert, but these all look beautiful to me. (So take that with a grain of salt). Did you see the pears on ParksAntiqueLab on IG?? They seem to have beautiful specialty cuts.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with @momofive , will let the experts chime in but from what I'm seeing, these are all beautiful options!

SparklesandVinegar

Rough_Rock
@momofive @JV36912 Thank you so much for your input! I'm no expert either but I've really been trying to do my homework on these finicky stones. Of course my favorite diamond shape has to be difficult :doh:! I've been leaning towards the 3.49 since they're all relatively similar in price. They were all listed on Brilliance. Even though I'm not exactly a fan of the site, they at least have a large inventory. Alex Park definitely has some beautiful stones and I've seen lots of positive reviews here on PS.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
@momofive @JV36912 Thank you so much for your input! I'm no expert either but I've really been trying to do my homework on these finicky stones. Of course my favorite diamond shape has to be difficult :doh:! I've been leaning towards the 3.49 since they're all relatively similar in price. They were all listed on Brilliance. Even though I'm not exactly a fan of the site, they at least have a large inventory. Alex Park definitely has some beautiful stones and I've seen lots of positive reviews here on PS.

I too would lean toward the largest then to avoid shrinkage in the future. In any case,whatever you pick woll be beautiful. Can't wait to see!

SparklesandVinegar

Rough_Rock
Sooo I bought it! Should arrive within a week or so. I’ll be sure to post pics and/or videos!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! How exciting! Please do!

SparklesandVinegar

Rough_Rock
Hi y'all! So I'm thinking of canceling my order. I was concerned about bowtie and was sent a tweezer video of the diamond. I'm not sure that I'm happy with the diamond so I may cancel my order and start over. Thoughts?

SparklesandVinegar

Rough_Rock
Hi @momofive and @JV36912! I ended up cancelling my last order and purchased a different diamond. It's a 3.26 F VVS2 pear. The bowtie effect is much more minimal and has great light reflection through the belly of the stone. Let me know what you think! I'm having it set in a very basic solitaire setting with a hidden halo. Will post pics once the ring arrives.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @momofive and @JV36912! I ended up cancelling my last order and purchased a different diamond. It's a 3.26 F VVS2 pear. The bowtie effect is much more minimal and has great light reflection through the belly of the stone. Let me know what you think! I'm having it set in a very basic solitaire setting with a hidden halo. Will post pics once the ring arrives.

Oh gosh. It looks absolutely beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing it in its final home!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results