shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choose - Down to two options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Hey all:

I want to thank everyone for all your help in my search for perfect diamond studs
1.gif
I narrowed down to two pairs from Linda @ DI who have been extremely helpful.. so here are the two option I''d love hear your input
twirl.gif
:

First pair – Total $3355

A: H,SI1
Weight: 0.658
Measurments: 5.56 - 5.58 x 3.46 mm, ,
62(D%)– 56(T%)– 34.1(crown angle) – 41(Pav angle)
Girdle: 1.3-1.6
HCA: 1.5 (Ex Vg Vg Vg)
INCLUSIONS:thin, white feather off to the side of the stone and
two white pinpoints lay just under the table.

B: G, SI1
Weight: .668
Measurements: 5.59 - 5.62 * 3.49mm,
62.2(D%) - 54(T%) - 33.9(Crown angle) -41(Pav angle)
Gridle: 0.7-1.8
HCA: 1.4 (Ex Ex Vg Vg)
Inclusions: Under high magnification, the main inclusions are 2 white crystals and a cluster of tiny black needles and pinpoints under the table.

Second pair – Total $2874

A: I, SI1
Weight: 0.611
Measurments, 5.41 - 5.44 x 3.37 mm
62.1(D%) – 56(T%) – 33.8(Crown angle) – 40.9 (Pav angle)
Girdle:1.5-2.2
HCA: 1.2 (Ex Ex Ex Vg)
INCLUSIONS:white pinpoints at the edge of the table

B: H, VS2
Weight: 0.614
Measurements: 5.44 - 5.47 * 3.39
62.1 - 54 - 34.9 - 40.8
Gridle: 1.0-1.7
HCA: 1.6 (Ex Ex Ex Vg)
Inclusions:white pinpoints under the table

Please let me know which pair to go with since there is not much noticeable difference between these two pairs. Thanks again!!

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Also just to add I am most likely going to get them setted in the Martini setting so that they don't stick out..

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they look the same, toss a coin or just the cheaper, of course. It does not seem to be any great quality difference between these.

As for the setting, the model is not as important as the hight of the setting. Not sure if the commercial version of the "martini" or whatever is going to be lower than the others. maybe it would be possible to have a 3-prong basket setting "shorthened" by the jeweler? If the prongs are high above those horizontal bars holding the setting in one piece, it should be feasible to shorten them unitil the girdle of the diamonds sit right on the respective bars...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well is the small size difference worth it for the cost difference? Both sets look really nice..sorry I did not get a chance to respond to your email. I think in the end it comes down to what size you want the best...are you afraid the .61 each will look small since I recall something about .50c being too small for you....so if that is the case, go with the larger ones. Difference is $500...is your budget tight?

In the end, both sets should be amazing, the numbers are good. Me personally, I would wait for matching colors (e.g. H and H) since I am stickler for things like that...but if you don't mind there possibly being a smidge of a difference...which should not be noticeable anyway on your head...then go for either one, depending on your level of comfort and $$.
2.gif

I also think there would be less noticeable color diff between G and H than H and I...but that is just me.

sunset522

Rough_Rock
Do you guys think that the inclusions on the larger ones are more 'visible' than the smaller ones? The larger ones has black inclusions.. My budget is about $3500.. so I can go for the larger ones.. but I thought the smaller ones had less visible inclusions and better HCA score (esp better Pav angle) than the larger ones..

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think that the main difference you will notice in these two pairs is the size difference. If you thought that half carats were too small for your taste, I'd go with the larger set. I would not worry about the inclusions since these are both SI1 stones and they will be on your ears. I often hear people recommend SI2 or I1s for earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results