shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choose an oval diamond for engagement ring

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I cancelled my previous bluenile order as not happy with the diamond.

I am on the look out for a 0.90 to 1 carat oval colour up to I clarity to vs2 or si1 if eye clean. Budget £2.500 to 3 k.

Found this guy on 77diamonds 0.91 H vs2 but requested ASET and video as only photo available which isn't very clear.

Please advice!

Reactions: AV_

Goose682

Rough_Rock
Check out distinctive gems. He is pretty well known for his elyque ovals. Here are 2 options:

Everyone on here says they are cut for exceptional light return. Also, yes these are SI2, but my understanding is that he inspects his diamonds very closely and you can call and discuss with him whether any inclusions are visible to the naked eye. These look nice though. Here are two smaller options with great clarity:

Last edited:

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Hi Goose682,

That's lovely thanks for sending those over. Unfortunately there is a custom duty tax if shipped from America. The VAT is just about what I can afford along with the price of the diamond.

This is why I was looking at 77diamonds and bluenile previously. Bluenile prongs on yellow gold ring I liked are in platinum so not to my taste.

Can you suggest some good options from 77diamonds?

Thank you

Kal111

Rough_Rock
5343823872.jpg
Unfortunately no ASET or video available from supplier for this diamond.
Thank you goose682, tyty333 and lovesongs have been helpful on my previous post.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Somebody bought the diamond above, I was looking at

Goose682

Rough_Rock
Would you consider buying a loose diamond from blue nile and having it set by a local jeweler? I’m not familiar with 77diamonds, but it’s not super easy to view their diamonds since you have to request videos of each individual diamond, whereas blue diamond and many other sites provide the video in the first instance.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Yes I would certainly consider a diamond from Bluenile. I can try and find a setting where both the band and the claws are in yellow gold.

77diamonds have some videos but not on all diamonds which isn't ideal. Especially when they cant provide the additional information.

Many thanks

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I put on hold this diamond. Can you tell me if this has good brilliance and any dead areas bow tie etc? Just your opinion please and you can suggest another diamond that can top this up for the carat, size price.....

Thank you so much

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results