shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choose an Akoya earring pair from PP!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I bought a pair of AAA Akoya 7.5 - 8.0 mm earrings from POJ and decided to order a pair from PP, then compare and return one pair. I asked PP for pictures before shipping and they gave me the option of three pairs. I have no idea...which pair would you choose?

Thank you so much!
RayRay

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Here’s the picture... EB0E5D5C-72FA-4B85-938D-E4098505BBF8.jpeg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The top pair looks a bit larger and more pink than the other two pairs. The middle pair looks silvery, the bottom pair somewhat cream.
I prefer either of the top 2 pairs over the bottom pair. But they all have very nice luster.

Which are you leaning toward?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based just on the single photo provided:

I prefer the middle pair as it seems the most well-matched in terms of color, size, lustre, and I do like the silvery-ness.

Re: the top pair, the left pearl seems a bit pinker than the left

Re: the bottom pair, the right pair seems a bit smaller than the left

YMMV

I do love akoyas, and look forward to your posts comparing the PP and POJ pairs!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The top pair is decidedly pink, & the middle pair more silver looking.

What is your skin tone & how would a pinker vs more silvery pearl look on you?

I do like the silvery tone and luster in the middle pair. What fun, I love pearls!!

Edited to add: I like the luster on the bottom pair, but they are a bit too creamy looking to me.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
@pearlsngems, thank you for your assessment! I was initially leaning towards the middle pair but couldn’t put my finger on why since I’m very much a novice at pearls!

@marymm, thank you!! I hadn’t noticed these differences until you pointed them out! I will definitely give my thoughts on POJ and PP before returning one of them.

@sarahb, thank you!! I was wondering the same on whether a pinkish or silver toned pearl would look better on me since I’ve never owned a pair. I have quite fair skin (blue eyes) with freckles and a little redness when I don’t have make up on. What are your thoughts on which may look better?

amoline

Shiny_Rock
The more rose tone pearls can indeed look nice on someone with fairer skin. A little redness already in your skin tone will make the rose type pearls wear a little less white, but even still they certainly won't wear "pink" as if they were dyed or something. Sometimes, an especially white/silvery tone can make someone with fair skin look pale - not so much for earrings, but keep this in mind if you ever want to purchase a necklace or other pieces to match in tone.

It's not an incredibly sharp picture, but all pairs look satisfactory. The bottom pair looks to have the nicest skin, with a sharp luster as well, but it's true that it does look a little cream.

The top pair also looks like it's the largest within that size bracket.

Personally for the nice tone and also a good luster, along with the size, the top pair would be my favorite. But you probably won't go wrong with any.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Middle pair for me too based on the single photo provided.

DK :))

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @amoline and @dk168! Certainly a tough decision based only on a picture!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! I chose the middle, silverish one, it’s the one i initially thought and seems like most agree. The POJ pair I have is rather rosy so I can compare on my ears against skin tone too. I’ll let you know when the PP pair arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results