shape
carat
color
clarity

help cartier ring authentication

cartierlove

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

first of all I wish you all a happy new yearrrr 2016.

I need some help from anyone with experience with cartier rings. My husband has received a cartier ring one year ago and we were wondering if it is an authentic one. We would love to sell it but before we want to make sure it is not a fake one especially that we do not have any certificate or box it came in a box of another jewellery store based in Dubai.

Please find attached some pic of the ring.
img-20160104-wa0006.jpg
img-20160104-wa0007.jpg

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Just for infos dubai is a hub of branded knockoffs jewellery. Made of real good quality material and workmanship. Real gold and real diamonds. Sold at a cost of what that would worth if it weren't from a Cartier store.

cartierlove

Rough_Rock
Thanks for answering. Do you mean that even if it is not from cartier it is of good quality?? does it mean that it is a fake good one or it may be original?? do u think they may be selling cartier. I am not sure if any jewellery store can sell cartier pieces??!! because the jewellry store it came from is very known, that is why I am confused...

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Let me explain you;

1. Cartier original piece made of real gold and Diamonds. Worth what a cartier is worth.

2. Cartier knockoff made of real gold and Diamonds. Worth what a jewellery piece is worth without the cartier price tag because it has gold and it has diamonds and it has labour applied. I'm not going into the morality of this.

3. Cartier knockoff made of imitation materials. Zircons and copper etc.

If yours in 1st, you are all set to go. If yours is in second it's still worth its gold. And that piece if gold or platinum is atleast a 10 grams - 15grams.(Platinum is heavier volume wise).

If that's not real gold or platinum.. Then it's not worth too much unless it's a real cartier and even then it may not be worth too much.

Considering it came out of Dubai and does not have relevant certificates of authenticity I think it's a good quality knock off. If that's real gold 18k I think you can sell it off for a 400-500$. Pawn shop may give you less.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I see the 750 stamp. It's 18k gold.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
57 probably refers to the ring size.

cartierlove

Rough_Rock
thanks again for ur answer. and yes I am sure it is gold and of good quality. we have it for more than a year and still really in excellent condition. that is why I was wondering if it is a real or fake one. but as you say if it is gold and well made it is worth what it is worth... I wonder though if it is a good idea to take it to cartier store for authentication. if they believe it is not a real one would they keep it? I heard that they take it from u in this case no? also it is engraved with our initials would it be possible to remove the engraving before selling it? I know cartier do that but if it is not a real one I doubt they would take it for re-polishing...

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi there!
I am not an expert in laws concerning counterfeit products, but as far as I know it's illegal to sell your ring if it is indeed a fake one. gr8leo87 is right in saying that if it is made in real gold it may well be worth it's weight *but* not in it's current form. It doesn't matter if it is a "genuine" copy or a "bad" copy, you still can't sell it because it is still a copy. You would have to melt it first.
Correct me if I'm wrong. And I will not go into the morals of this either.
Best,
aca :wavey:

cartierlove

Rough_Rock
hi thanks for the reply

You are totally right and that's why I am keen to know if it is real or fake. If you read my first post I said that I want to sell it but before I would love to be sure. I would never sell it as cartier if it is not !!! the point is we are not sure that's why I posted the pics so someone can tell me. Also we've got it as a gift from dubai but as my husband didn't keep the original box and didn't have the certificate we r not sur....
If it is not a real one I will only sell it as gold as you said yes that's for sure.

Thanks again for ur reply:) and PLZ if anyone can tell me from the pic if it is fake or not I would be grateful.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
cartierlove said:
thanks again for ur answer. and yes I am sure it is gold and of good quality. we have it for more than a year and still really in excellent condition. that is why I was wondering if it is a real or fake one. but as you say if it is gold and well made it is worth what it is worth... I wonder though if it is a good idea to take it to cartier store for authentication. if they believe it is not a real one would they keep it? I heard that they take it from u in this case no? also it is engraved with our initials would it be possible to remove the engraving before selling it? I know cartier do that but if it is not a real one I doubt they would take it for re-polishing...
The knockoffs are also good quality - because it's still the same gold that Cartier uses.

Unfortunately This band design of Cartier and a band design of BVLGARI which has bvlgari engraved on Shank profile are two of the most copied jewellery designs. Unfortunately.

a store can not confiscate your piece of jewelry even if it's fake/knockoff.

You can't sell knockoffs calling them original or in the form that appears original like. If that's not real you can just get the cartier logo polished and sell it as a generic piece of jewellery. Don't have to melt it. You can also describe it as 'inspired design'.

But it may be a real piece. But if it didn't come out of Cartier store it is likely not.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
gr8leo87 said:
cartierlove said:
The knockoffs are also good quality - because it's still the same gold that Cartier uses.

Unfortunately This band design of Cartier and a band design of BVLGARI which has bvlgari engraved on Shank profile are two of the most copied jewellery designs. Unfortunately.

a store can not confiscate your piece of jewelry even if it's fake/knockoff.

You can't sell knockoffs calling them original or in the form that appears original like. If that's not real you can just get the cartier logo polished and sell it as a generic piece of jewellery. Don't have to melt it. You can also describe it as 'inspired design'.

But it may be a real piece. But if it didn't come out of Cartier store it is likely not.
by real I mean genuine.

cartierlove

Rough_Rock
I totally agree with u! the only way to be sure is to take it to cartier and see. It was only a gift that I want to get rid of ...and as u said if it is not cartier I will take to remove the engraving...and sell it then. I would never sell it as cartier if it is not one. Selling and giving fake jewellery is really frustrating...

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock
Cartier stores won't authenticate. It is so incredibly frustrating. They will only discuss with the original purchaser - won't even say yes or no regarding authenticity. I have tried every which way around this - phone, in store, checked out what the experts at Purse forum had to say - no luck.

I also had a similar situation with a piece I wasn't 100% sure was real (it was given to me in a bunch of jewelry I inherited). I gave up in the end trying to authenticate it.

However, what I have read is that if you pay to have them polish or engrave it, they will send it away to be polished or engraved, then if they find it to be fake they will refuse to polish it. If they find it real then they will give you a service receipt for the polish and that can kind of act as your authentication. They will not work on non-genuine Cartier.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilsweetie|1452499339|3974061 said:
Cartier stores won't authenticate. It is so incredibly frustrating. They will only discuss with the original purchaser - won't even say yes or no regarding authenticity. I have tried every which way around this - phone, in store, checked out what the experts at Purse forum had to say - no luck.

I also had a similar situation with a piece I wasn't 100% sure was real (it was given to me in a bunch of jewelry I inherited). I gave up in the end trying to authenticate it.

However, what I have read is that if you pay to have them polish or engrave it, they will send it away to be polished or engraved, then if they find it to be fake they will refuse to polish it. If they find it real then they will give you a service receipt for the polish and that can kind of act as your authentication. They will not work on non-genuine Cartier.

Hi lilsweetie, I am sorry you were not able to get them to authenticate. I have a black opal ring that my mom and dad gave me (with the original purchase papers) and they authenticated it (I didn't need them too though because my parents were the only owners of the ring before me) and resized it too (it was expensive to get it resized but black opals are very delicate) with no problem. However I did have to bring the original purchase papers (to have it resized) and even though they knew I was not the original purchaser they were able to do this for me. Maybe because I am the daughter of the original purchaser? I don't know but perhaps you can try it again? We had this authenticated and resized at the NYC fifth avenue Cartier store. Not sure if that makes any difference.

To the OP I am sorry Cartier won't authenticate your ring. I am sorry I am no help. That is good info lilsweetie gave you though about them not working on a fake Cartier so maybe you can figure it out that way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results