shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Can you tell the difference b/w these settings?

Are the two settings the same?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dww777

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I ordered a ring from Union Diamond and just received it today. However, the setting seems quite different from the one I was expecting to get. In case Union Diamond argues that the settings are the same, I''d like to get your opinion on whether or not you think they are the same. The main difference, I find, is in the prongs.

Thanks.

David

walawalabingabng.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yes it is the same setting. Its just the pic on the right, the prongs are straight and have not been moulded around a stone, as in the pic on the left. Plus the RH is on a tilt, which changes the thickness of the prongs slightly.
What is it about the prongs you were expecting to be different?
Do you have a return period? Whether its the same or no, if you don't really love it just return it imo..

dww777

Rough_Rock
Hi, I guess I wasn''t using the right terminology. My main concern is that the prongs are different. What I liked about this ring is that the whole thing has a curvature throughout. The straightness of the prongs, I think, ruins the overall fell or even the theme of the ring.. As you have suggested, I will contact the seller about this, but don''t want the seller to try and argue that the two are identical... If they do that, I''d like to point them to this poll to show that I''m not crazy.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll say that they''re 99% the same. It''s just that the setting in the picture looks more fluid than the ring that you received. I''m sure it''ll be easy for them to just smooth the prongs and shank out a bit and it''ll look all better.

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
The setting is the same but I do think that the head is different. In their pic the prongs are more curved inside as well as outside. The head on your ring looks like a sharp V like the one on the left. I think you were expecting something more like the 2 on the right. I would feel the same way - I love the curved prongs. Just my opinion but I''m no expert
35.gif

prong differences.JPG

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I responded no because you are right, the prongs are a tad more curved in the sample picture.The important thing is that you must be happy with it. If you are not, do not hesitate to bring it up.Good Luck!

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
From the pictures they look diffrent to me too (as you said, one has much more curve/delicacy in the prongs than the other). If you slightly angle the real one (like the official one has been), can you see more angle in the prongs? I can''t tell if it''s a photography issue (i.e. the rings are not in the same position) or if it''s actually different.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there...

They look the same to me... You have to remember that no two rings can ever be 100% the same because the jeweler has to set the stone in by hand and that can change the prongs a bit sometimes... An option would be to to bring it to your local jeweler and ask them if they could change the styling of the prongs or to return the ring and ask for another design. The ring is very beautiful but the prongs are very noticeable.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look the same to me. I do see that the picture with the stone set has straighter prongs, but the curve is so slight that I am not sure that I would really say anything. But again, you are the one that needs to be happy here...so if it bothers you, thn that is all that matters!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
i cannot tell the difference

especially if it is handmade

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look the same to me, unfortunately I think it''s just in the setting process. I am sure though that you could ask them to try and curve the prongs a bit more, but at the same time (and don''t kill me here please), this isn''t a particularly curvy head to begin with, so if you want curvy I''d choose something different personally.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Identical (I used to work in a jewelry store). The head "looks" different to you because once the prongs are grooved and burnished over it changes the shape a bit.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
There are slight differences, but they are definitely there. The cathedral shoulder in the first one seems to be more straight, and the second one seems a bit more curved. Also, the tips of the prongs seem to be a little bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results