shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Can this be resized??? Price???

GBgirl32

Rough_Rock
I am in need of some expertise. I am considering buying this ring, it is currently a size 6, but would need to size it to a 3.5. (it is not an eternity). Can you lend some advice? Also, any thoughts on price? Thanks so much!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAILEY-BANK-AND-BIDDLE-PLATINUM-1CARAT-DIAMOND-BAND-/110544429540?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item19bcf621e4#ht_500wt_1154

GBgirl32

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate any help. I don''t normally buy off ebay, but I have been looking for another wedding band for quite some time and this exactly matches my other one.

Thanks in advance.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
clickable linky poo

I''m no expert, but most people say not to go up or down more than a size. Otherwise the ring goes from a circular opening to some sort of weird shape, like a closed "u" .

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not an expert either, but I think that''s a big jump and would likely affect the integrity of the band. The other option is to buy it and just plan on having the it remade into a brand new band that fits you. Probably not a cost effective solution, however.

GBgirl32

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the linky poo!!

That is my concern as well. What do you think in terms of price?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, it can be resized. You would have to make cuts in between the stones in the bezels in order to bend it that tightly AND you would need to use white gold solder to hold everything together, (since if platinum solders were used it would involve too much heat and probably burn the diamonds). Some of the new ultra white gold solders would probably work O.K. to do this since there would only be a small amount used and that down in the crevices between the stones.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can''t resize that as much as you want without ruining the structural integrity of the ring. Also the diamond would wrap between your fingers which would not be comfortable. Assuming you would then be paying only for the diamonds only and getting a new setting, that is about $300 per .20ct diamond of unknown quality (probably not great from BBB). For not much more you could get a new ring. I would not buy that one.

Plus I would NEVER recommend buying from someone with a "no returns" policy
38.gif

GBgirl32

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am going to pass on this one. Seems like far more work would be needed to make this ring fit my hand. And the no returns policy is a very good point. Back to the drawing board :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you decided to pass, I think trying to size it that much would be hard on the ring and if you had to remake it; the cost would probably be a lot. The ring is very pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results