shape
carat
color
clarity

Help by voting - keep my ebay purchase?

Should I keep the necklace?

• Yes, it's worth it and can be worn with lots of things.

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • No, those diamonds are too small and not worth the price you paid.

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought this from the same vendor I got my Beaudry ring from. It's a Simon G diamond necklace, 17" long.

There are 8 diamonds in milgrained bezels. I knew the diamonds would be small..the auction said .24 total weight, so they are 3 pointers. It also said 18K white and yellow gold.

I got the necklace today. As I suspected, it's not yellow gold on 4 of the bezels...looks rose to me. Also, from the stock pics below, the diamonds in the rose gold bezels didn't look white either...and I looked at it when I received it today and they distinctly look pinkish...but I'm not sure if that's the rose gold reflection, or if they are indeed pink (my OLD eyes are playing tricks on me! :cheeky: ) The necklace on is unassuming and pretty...just a small flash from the diamonds here or there. You can tell that some of the bezels have warmth to them, but you can't tell right off the bat if they are rose gold or pink diamonds. They just look slightly different.

I'll take macro pics (my camera battery was dead) but thought I'd post the stock pics while I was at it. The cost of the necklace was $390. It does look nice with a collared work shirt. Nothing flashy...just a subtle accessory.

Thoughts? I'll take other pics as soon as I can.

$(KGrHqUOKi8E2Wb6GqMlBNsI+R1F0g~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqEOKpgE1qz,q!sWBNsI+,JCjw~~0_12.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
keep it!! if you dont want it i'll take it... :bigsmile:

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
I vote KEEP IT! Its beautiful for everyday wear..Nice with tshirt and jeans and equally as nice with a dress or something.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Return. Doesn't sound like it's what you wanted.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal, that is a gorgeous find- I vote keep it as well. I tried on a Simon G ring, and the ring had rose gold around pink diamonds, so you are correct that it is pink. Its lovely, and versatile.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have a soft spot for subtle pieces and I really like this necklace. I want to see the macro shots!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I should clarify. I think the price is fine. I just don't think it's what you wanted, and I think you can find what you want if you wait.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1304364900|2910270 said:
Return. Doesn't sound like it's what you wanted.

It's actually what I wanted, in theory - meaning the length was perfect, and I was hoping for rose gold (even though the description said yellow). If the diamonds turned out to be pink, even better. As I said, I knew the diamonds were small. The only question was...how would a necklace with such small diamonds look? I'll get a neck shot as soon as possible so you all can take a look.

And then also the price. I don't think $390 is too much....but it is still nearly $400 for a bit of subtle flash. I bought the necklace to wear with some work outfits. My other necklace gets a bit of attention, so I wanted something that would blend more for more formal meetings.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1304365045|2910274 said:
Okay I should clarify. I think the price is fine. I just don't think it's what you wanted, and I think you can find what you want if you wait.

Hehe...well what I'd really want is DBTY with a caraters each. Hm. :devil:

The nice part about diamonds THIS small is it doesn't faze me at all when it flips...both sides really shimmer. I think larger ones would annoy me if they flip.

The thing is...well, I'm not really in NEED of another necklace. This was just something I bought as I liked the design at first glance and was thinking I would like a more subtle necklace with collared work shirts (which let's face it...working from home, I don't wear that often!)

I LOVE my other pendant, so I would choose to wear that a lot more often.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmmm now I'm wondering if they are actually irradiated pink diamonds? I'll have to ask my jeweler or maybe you confirm with Simon G?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
that necklace is beautiful! keep it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, it's not irradiated. Not sure if it's even pink. If it is, it's one of those dodgy pink diamonds that only look pink in rose gold. I'm going to say for now I think it's a white diamond that looks pink because of the gold...but it is sort of hard to tell.

OK, tooks pics and trying to get them up.....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm, now you got me curious...lol I"ll have to mosey on down the jeweler again :naughty: to check it out. Nonetheless, Its beautiful whatever it may be.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I say keep it. I really like the quality of the workmanship, I think it will work well on its own for a subtle look and layer nicely with larger pieces for evening, and I think the pink diamonds (yeah, that looks nice and pink to me give you some added value). Looking forward to pics!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ooh. I like.

I vote keep.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, testing...

Necklace through loupea.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I say keep it. It looks even better in your photo.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, that didn't work so well. Trying something else. The above was through a loupe. This is just a macro shot. If this works well, I'll post the rest.

Necklace diamonds 3a.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't vote but, T Gal, you seem like a decisive person. If you need a poll to help you decide, my guess is that the necklace isn't quite what you want for whatever reason (price, diamond size, etc.).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, here are the rest!

Neckshot indoors.JPG

Neckshot outdoors.JPG

Necklace diamonds 2.JPG

NecklaceDiamonds.JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say keep it! It looks great on. I'm not sure how much Simon G jewelry is at retail, but $390 seems very reasonable for that necklace!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is pretty. Keep it if you will wear it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Keep it too! It's subtle & feminine. Nicely made & I love the design.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are pink (ish) and that it looks great on your neck. But I agree that you are decisive and if there is something that's holding you back... there's a reason.

I have 7 pointers in my DBY and they are still subtle and not crater (funny) like.

If you think you overpaid that feeling isn't going to go away.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1304373619|2910420 said:
I think they are pink (ish) and that it looks great on your neck. But I agree that you are decisive and if there is something that's holding you back... there's a reason.

I have 7 pointers in my DBY and they are still subtle and not crater (funny) like.

If you think you overpaid that feeling isn't going to go away.

The only thing that's holding me back is guilt. I always feel guilty when I spend money on myself when I wasn't planning on buying anything. I went through the same thing with my pendant, but I don't regret that decision at all. The necklace itself I really like...surprisngly I REALLY like the fact that it's two tone because it adds a little something but you can't quite tell from first glance that it's two tone.

I don't think I overpaid, but if everyone else did...it would have given me good reason to give into my guilt. ::)

ETA, wanted to thank everyone for your comments and taking the time to vote! :wavey:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly? That's a lot of money. I wouldn't keep it.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1304375052|2910450 said:
I voted send it back. It looks cheap to me.

Sorry I didn't sugar coat that for you, but I know you're as forward as I am!

Close in price and tw. But gorgeouser! http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-pendants/full-bezel-diamond-pendant-ready-set-to-go-247.htm

Also, if you like a bit of pink, this would be great! http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-pendants/petite-dreams-of-africa-diamond-pendant-652.htm

No need to sugar coat... ;))

I need a 17" chain minimum. 16 looks awful on me. I also prefer 18K gold over 14K, but as I can have an allergic reaction to 14K, depending on alloy.

I know I will not wear a pendant style necklace...I have one that I love already. And a solitaire pendant .25 that is fixed would bother me if it didn't stay centered. The other one, I sadly don't like for me at all.

However, at this point I am SLIGHTLY leaning toward sending it back.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I say keep it. :appl: :appl: :appl: It is subtle and that is what you were looking for. It looks really pretty on you.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's an okay necklace (and the price for a Simon G seems decent), but I don't think it carries enough presence on your neck! Nothing that would warrant a second glance! (but, if you are looking for subtle, it does provide that :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results