shape
carat
color
clarity

Help buying tiny lab side stones (pears)

sempredolce

Rough_Rock
Hi wonderful PS folks.

I have a 2.13ct lab elongated cushion that I'm building a setting for. I would like really small pears on either side, 2.5mm-2.8mm is the width range I'm after.
Loosegrowndiamond sells them very affordably but they're HPHT and of course ungraded and sight unseen.

My center is CVD, will HPHT stones be obviously different? I know they can run blue-ish and also phosphoresce sometimes, I would just have to check them I guess once they arrived.

Is there anywhere else that's reliable for sourcing teeny lab pears?

Thanks!

Center stone photo for fun. :)

IMG_8947.jpeg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I bought some 3mm calibrated rounds from them and they do not have a blue cast. Who is making your setting? Can they source the pears for you to make sure they match your center stone?

sempredolce

Rough_Rock
I bought some 3mm calibrated rounds from them and they do not have a blue cast. Who is making your setting? Can they source the pears for you to make sure they match your center stone?

We're using a local jeweler; their usual lab supplier doesn't usually go smaller than 3.5x5.5mm but they're looking into it. Also they're quoting around $320 per diamond; loosegrowndiamond is more like $45-55 each.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
We're using a local jeweler; their usual lab supplier doesn't usually go smaller than 3.5x5.5mm but they're looking into it. Also they're quoting around $320 per diamond; loosegrowndiamond is more like $45-55 each.

I mean at that price I might just risk it and buy them and see what you think. You could always make some baby studs off of them or something if they don’t work for the ring project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results