shape
carat
color
clarity

Help buying princess cut diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Hi, I need help from you experts. Im on my way to buy a princess cut diamond.

These are the criterias, I think:
Carat At least 0.95
Clarity VS2-F
Color D, E, F, maybe G..
Cut ?
Price: Max $4500

I have found this one, what do you experts think about it?
http://www.diamondsonweb.com/shopping_dd/ddetail.pl?shape=PR;p_max=4500;ct_min=0.9;ct_max=1.2;lab=GIA;origin=dia_form;search.x=33;search.y=12;clar=IF;clar=VVS1;clar=VVS2;clar=VS1;clar=VS2;color=D;color=E;color=F&sortby=&sorto=&id=1798675&start=0

Or can someone recommend anything else? How does the criteras look? Should I change something?

Thank you!!

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Do you mean a real picture of stone at the link you added to your replay? Or the link I added?
It says "Actual diamond photo taken at 10X " so I guess it is a real picture..

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut has more effect on the visual beauty and light performance of a diamond than color or clarity.
Yet cut is the most difficult C to understand.
You could spend a lot of time learning about cut, and shopping for a well-cut princess.

Fortunately very reputable lab, American Gem Society or AGS, has already done the work for you.
AGS is the only lab that grades the cut of princesses.

Buy a princess cut diamond that got an AGS 0 cut grade and you are sure to get a diamond that is cut for first class light performance.

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Ok thank you for telling me about this!
How do I find these diamonds? The one I added a link to, is that one graded by them?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one.
It is a G but remember a well cut diamond returns so much light that it will look whiter face up than a poorly cut one of the same color grade.

List price is $5360 but if you mention you want the Pricescope discount your price will be $5092 if you wire the funds.

G Vs2 1.017 carat AGS0 Princess Cut

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d check out www.whiteflash.com and www.goodoldgold.com That should give you a nice start!!!
1.gif

And welcome to PS
35.gif

MrsSolomon

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, I will take a look at the links..

So a G colored stone will not look yellow? Is the color not so important?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color is personal.
You need to get out and see some diamonds for yourself, preferably AGS 0 princess cuts, to find YOUR comfort zone.

Many people after seeing the different colors in person are surprised to discover the difference is very slight while the price difference is very great.
You have to decide if the higher color makes enough of a difference to YOU to pay the higher price.

Color is less noticeable in a princess than, say, an emerald or asscher cut because a princess cut has so many facets.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 10:51:29 PM
Author: kenny
Color is personal.
You need to get out and see some diamonds for yourself, preferably AGS 0 princess cuts, to find YOUR comfort zone.

Many people after seeing the different colors in person are surprised to discover the difference is very slight while the price difference is very great.
You have to decide if the higher color makes enough of a difference to YOU to pay the higher price.

Color is less noticeable in a princess than, say, an emerald or asscher cut because a princess cut has so many facets.
I have always heard the color is more noticeable in a princess cut. I see your thinking, but am just repeating what I have read on PS.
2.gif
Again it''s your preference, some are more color sensitive than other''s. I am color sensitive, dang it!!!
3.gif

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 11:09:13 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 2/3/2007 10:51:29 PM

Author: kenny

Color is personal.

I have always heard the color is more noticeable in a princess cut. I see your thinking, but am just repeating what I have read on PS.
2.gif
Again it's your preference, some are more color sensitive than other's. I am color sensitive, dang it!!!
3.gif

Ditto the color is personal sentiment. I'm color sensitive too (poo!) so I don't really like I colored diamonds. H is my personal cutoff. Just to go to your local B&M and have some fun!
31.gif

Color is less noticeable in a princess as compared to an emerald or asscher (b/c of the multitude of facets a princess has compared to the step cuts.) But color is more noticeable in a princess as compared to an RB.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results