shape
carat
color
clarity

Help buying LGD earrings

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
Hi, looking for some earrings for dw. I came across these and seemed like good quality/price. Would like to get opinions from the experts here. Or if they can suggest something else? Thank you.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Other than the flash sale, do you have a deadline? I’d be wary of buying self proclaimed “Super Cut” stones without seeing either the certificate or videos of the actual stones.

The price seems competitive, but I’m pretty sure the experts here can find a great pair. Loose Grown Diamond has great prices. I did a cursory look, and you’d be able to get a 5tcw pair in about the same price range, if not better. I don’t have the time at the moment to comb through the listings, hence the question about a deadline.

What a wonderful gift you’re arranging! Lucky woman!

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
They do have the GIA certificate? Does that not confirm the cut?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
There are optimal angles on a diamond, and the certificate will show what they are. It’s possible for diamonds to be cut too deep or too shallow. Additionally, even when they’re cut to the right proportions, sometimes the combination doesn’t work, which is why you really want to see a video.

Also, GIA doesn’t use the term “super cut.“ So we don’t know if that includes excellent polish, excellent symmetry, or no florescence. There are a lot of unknowns with those two diamonds.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
GIA report numbers?

Ramsham

Rough_Rock

There are optimal angles on a diamond, and the certificate will show what they are. It’s possible for diamonds to be cut too deep or too shallow. Additionally, even when they’re cut to the right proportions, sometimes the combination doesn’t work, which is why you really want to see a video.

Also, GIA doesn’t use the term “super cut.“ So we don’t know if that includes excellent polish, excellent symmetry, or no florescence. There are a lot of unknowns with those two diamonds.

Thanks

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
These are two.
43fc6fd8-340f-45df-9db0-8ea9c10cedfa.jpeg

Attachments

• 12964a8d-c359-45f0-ad81-d6924029f20f.jpeg
    12964a8d-c359-45f0-ad81-d6924029f20f.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 17

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys.

There is 450$ price difference in these two. To dumb me, they both seem similar. Any idea why the price difference?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys.

There is 450$ price difference in these two. To dumb me, they both seem similar. Any idea why the price difference?

The report dates are several months apart. It may be due to time in inventory, cost of acquisition, any number of reasons.

Ramsham

Rough_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
thanks. Can I ask why? And relative to ones I posted earlier? Out of all 5?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks. Can I ask why? And relative to ones I posted earlier? Out of all 5?

2 is the same diamond as the first one you posted yesterday. I would pair 7478898321 and 6485082643 because I like their proportions more than the others.

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
DW went to bluebell to check the earrings size and she felt 2.5ct each was too big for her and 1.5ct is more natural.

Back to drawing board :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results