shape
carat
color
clarity

Help buying a used Tiffany Engagement Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ghankerson

Rough_Rock
I found a 2 year old Tiffany engagement ring with a single 1.2ct Lucida diamond that is G in color and VVS2. The guy has a GIA cert and Tiffany documentation. I think I can get it for around $7,500, he paid about $17k for it. I think these sell for over $20k at Tiffany''s right now so it could be a huge deal and I know my girlfriend would love it. Any thoughts on this?

I called the local store he bought it from and they said their store policy will not allow them to verify it''s authenticity. But I can compare it side by side to their ring and the seller has no problems bringing it there. I wonder if the warranty will xfer over to me? Any info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this a big purchase for me.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Bring it to an independent appraiser before you buy it.
I don't know if they can say for sure it's a Tiffany but they will tell you its value and what you should be paying for it.
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
No, the warranty won't transfer to you, sad to say. That is a part of Tiffany's policy that I don't think very much of.
10.gif

ghankerson

Rough_Rock
Does $7,500 seem like a good price for a platinum setting diamond Tiffany ring? I searched diamond prices and the diamond alone seems worth more than that. And I know Tiffany stuff sells for 50% more sometimes.

That stinks that the warranty won't xfer.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany 1.2 Lucida G VVS would probably at least run you $15k. I don't know about $20k...maybe $17k.

Anyway $7k would be a very good deal for the ring and stone, esp for that particular famous type stone/setting. Funny that Tiffany won't verify, read the other post by ebony1 who just bought a Tiffany e-ring on eBay and Tiffany told him that their verification process takes 2 weeks. So obviously they CAN do it. Maybe the person you talked to just doesn't know the deal. Anyway, I'd look into it more. I would get it independently appraised first, confirm what the cert says. Then do the Tiffany 2 week process but get it in writing that the seller will take the stone and ring back if Tiffany doesn't give it a thumbs up. You need to have some sort of protection.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results