color
clarity

HELP! Buying a large diamond on line-vs B&M store-

stuandcindy

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash has these 3 stones

stuandcindy

Rough_Rock
These are not stones WF has, she w=searched for them, the last 2 were not on their inventory list-does that make a difference? That is what the CHAT person told me.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It simply means that they do not have them in house to personally assess. They can call them in for you but there may be fees associated with it. Call them and speak with them directly to find out their policy on calling stones in. Tell them what you are looking for and let them see what they can get.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one was the best anyway. Get photos and an ASET on that one.

stuandcindy

Rough_Rock
2 are not on their site, 1 is. Does it matter if a stone has been listen with GIA for a long period of time and still for sale?

stuandcindy

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I will ask those questions. I am sure they will require a full payment upfront before stone delivery. Unless this is not usual it would be good to know.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds have GIA certs and are listed on websites or databases. GIA does not list or sell diamonds. It could be a stone that hasn't sold or could be a stone that has been traded in and not recerted. Remember that in the size range you are looking those stones don't fly off the shelves. Most average diamond buyers aren't looking for 4+ carat size stones because they don't want something that size or more probably, they can't afford it.

I don't think they would require you to pay for the stone upfront before calling it in but there may be fees associated with it. Just give them a call - they are friendly and helpful.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1459290561|4012780 said:
Full payment is required but completely refundable. Here is WF's virtual selection policy:

http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/whiteflash-policies/other-diamonds.htm

If I were you, I would seriously consider the 4 ct I VS1 ACA over the virtual stones:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3513231.htm

Totally agree with this. That stone will be a real show stopper! Having a 5 carat stone won't matter if it is not bright and sparkly!

stuandcindy

Rough_Rock
last 2 posts were mistakes. Thanks for all of the advice on the diamonds I mentioned. I love the WF in house stone but need to have choices for my husband to consider also. So is #1 of the virtual stones the best choice of the others I noted?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stuandcindy|1459359153|4013182 said:
last 2 posts were mistakes. Thanks for all of the advice on the diamonds I mentioned. I love the WF in house stone but need to have choices for my husband to consider also. So is #1 of the virtual stones the best choice of the others I noted?

Yes, the first one is the best choice aside from the 4 ct ACA. Can't wait to see what you decide!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results