shape
carat
color
clarity

Help buying a 5 stone diamond ring!!!!

sweetnova

Rough_Rock
I am looking to get myself a 5 stone diamond ring, but see that the prices can vary tremendously. I almost decided on getting the trellis 1.25 ct one from whiteflash,but I saw one at Costco today while I was on my monthly trip there. They only stock a size 7 in their stores and I would have to order mine online if I were to go with them(I wear a size 6). Here's the link
http://www.costco.com/Round-Brilliant-1.25-ctw-VS2-Clarity%2c-I-Color-Diamond-Platinum-Five-Stone-Ring.product.11739169.html

Why is the whiteflash ring almost $1.5k more than costco's? I bought my diamond studs from whiteflash 3 years ago, and know that they have excellent customer service and are reputable. But does the ring truly warrant 1.5 k more? Is it because of the setting?Here's the link to the trellis ring

http://www.whiteflash.com/right-hand-rings/5-stone-trellis-diamond-right-hand-ring-2333.html

Am I better off getting it from Costco or should I stick to whiteflash? I will appreciate and value any advice and help.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price difference is more than likely due to the quality of the diamonds. The quality of the diamonds in the Whiteflash ring will be far superior in cut quality to the Costco ring.

I know that $1500 is a lot of money but if you divide it by all the years you think you'll wear the ring, I think you'll find that it's well worth the money!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
agreed. you have no idea what the cut quality of the Costco diamonds is, and if they are dogs (and they very well might be) you'll waste your money on a ring that doesn't sparkle. stick with whiteflash!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fulvia said:
agreed. you have no idea what the cut quality of the Costco diamonds is, and if they are dogs (and they very well might be) you'll waste your money on a ring that doesn't sparkle. stick with whiteflash!
It sounds like OP could easily order online and return in store if the diamonds are "dogs".
If I were OP I would order from both WF and Costco and let your eyes do the choosing, and return one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price difference in the diamonds is due to WF using F-G color and Costco I color. The cut will be better on the WF diamonds. All depends on what quality you want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results