shape
carat
color
clarity

help..Best cut and Girdle for 1.25 Princess Cut Diamond!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2sons1

Rough_Rock
Can anyone out there tell me what the best cut and girdle is for a 1.25 Princess Cut Diamond.

Thx

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
What do you mean by "best cut?"

I hope this helps you. Check this link AGA. Click on the "DIY Grading" link on your left. Choose "princess."

2sons1

Rough_Rock
Yes, this was very helpful! Thanks.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While we are busy testing out some stones in order to produce AGS-0-princess cuts, I realise that all the current Sarin-info on a princess-cut is not sufficient in order to judge its cut.

However well-crafted the AGA-charts of David Atlass are, AGS'' research and their new grading based upon it shows that these charts reduce the possibility of mis-choosing, but that they are also based on insufficient information.

It is a true challenge to produce these AGS-0-princesses, since it feels like walking on virgin-territory. We are now cutting princesses that are different in almost any aspect of cutting.

Anyone who is now in the market for a princess-cut, should be aware that over half of the princess-cuts on the market would get an AGS cut-grade of 5 or lower.

Live long,

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2005 4:10:30 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

I realise that all the current Sarin-info on a princess-cut is not sufficient in order to judge its cut.
Assuming someone has the new AGS charts infront... what type of report would help grade the cut of a princess diamond using them if Sarin doesn''t work ?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
At this point in time, only a full Sarin-file can do the trick, kind of like the one. You really need the full srn.file, in order to be able to check some specific measurements.

You need table size, both pavilion angles, both crown angles and girdle size. If you only have the compounded Sarin-measurement, which most people use, you are missing necessary information.

Especially with the unknown first pavilion-angle, many cutters traditionally use it to add weight to a princess.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results