shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! August Vintage Cushion or Jubilee???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pryncess630

Rough_Rock
I am needing some help!

I have been set on a jubilee from GOG! I love it! Its a 2.44 F VS2!

I am in love with several settings by Leon Mege! Solitaires r506 and r1031!

However i have fallen in love with another stone! a 3.13 D VS2 August Vintage Cushion! I know the jubilee sparkle and the Fire is crazy! But the AVC looks great as well! However it has florescence which i am not that crazy about! I am worried that i will not be able to over look that, however the cut is great, its bigger, the color is better and its square like i like them!

What do you think? i am also tossing around a halo with pink diamonds! :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono Has owned both, I will hail her in colored stones and see if she will come comment here for you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What bothers you about the florescents? That it might glow a little blueish in sunlight or that it lowers the value of a stone?
I would ask GOG if it goes cloudy in bright sun to start with. If you are interested in those 2 stones you could probably get
GOG to do a side by side video of the two so that you could get a better feel for what you like.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
R506 is sooooo gorgeous. That''s my dream setting. I''ll be following this thread because I''m also going through the process of finding a beautiful cushion. (And been getting great help here, too.)

Good luck!

mege r506.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
my opinion- an AVC would fit much better with the aesthetic of the leon ring pictured-actually i'd venture to say that vintage or vintage-looking stones suit his work better in general.
With re to fluorescence you should do some research; it almost never has a negative affect on a diamonds appearance, infact a number of ppl seek it out. Jon hand picks these stones from start to finish so i could say confidently i very much doubt he would use fluor stones that turn milky or oily for his signature range of diamonds!
Ultimately the two have very different appearances- if you go to GOG's Vimeo account i know there are a number of videos showing the differences between AVCs and other cushion shapes.

As mentioned your best place to start is to email Jon-he will give you an honest comparison whilst eyeballing the two in question. Good luck, you're on the right track to finding a great diamond. =)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2010 4:16:12 AM
Author: arjunajane
my opinion- an AVC would fit much better with the aesthetic of the leon ring pictured-actually i''d venture to say that vintage or vintage-looking stones suit his work better in general.
With re to fluorescence you should do some research; it almost never has a negative affect on a diamonds appearance, infact a number of ppl seek it out. Jon hand picks these stones from start to finish so i could say confidently i very much doubt he would use fluor stones that turn milky or oily for his signature range of diamonds!
Ultimately the two have very different appearances- if you go to GOG''s Vimeo account i know there are a number of videos showing the differences between AVCs and other cushion shapes.

As mentioned your best place to start is to email Jon-he will give you an honest comparison whilst eyeballing the two in question. Good luck, you''re on the right track to finding a great diamond. =)
Thats how I would approach it.

pryncess630

Rough_Rock
Missydebby, thanks! I so love that ring!! I feel like I am a stalker on Leon''s website and the GOG website! So we shall see which one i end up with!

Arjunajane, Yes i viewed some of the videos, and the more i keep looking at this stone the more that i love it. I feel that i could overlook the flourescense.

I have an email into Jon as wel speak.

I just keep trying to picture it in my head. I also would like to incorporate some pink diamonds in there some how. Either 2 surprise pink diamonds or baby around the diamond or basket?

What do you think?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to have come in late but many thanks to Dreamer for letting me know that my advice will come in handy here. Yes, I’ve owned both the Jubilee and OMC by GOG. Both are gorgeous and you cannot go wrong with either. However, both could not be more different in appearance. VERY! The Jubilee is extremely modern; it is an H&A stone except it is square and not round. It has the same sparkle like an H&A round. The AVC is totally an old cut OMC except it is precision cut for maximum light return. Full of chunky facets and huge flashes of coloured light. It now becomes a personal preference of which cutting style and look you prefer: modern or antique? Have Jon do a video shoot of the 2 stones side by side so that you can see how different they perform under various lighting. You cannot go wrong with either choice. Really. Now, was that helpful or more confusing?
9.gif

pryncess630

Rough_Rock
well hello everyone, so of course i check the GOG website because i had not heard anything and the stone has been put on hold! i am crushed! I had fallen in love with a diamond! what is wrong with me. I have been in search for the perfect diamond!!! And now i feel heartbroken! i guess i waited to long before putting it on hold!
7.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 7:23:15 PM
Author: pryncess630
well hello everyone, so of course i check the GOG website because i had not heard anything and the stone has been put on hold! i am crushed! I had fallen in love with a diamond! what is wrong with me. I have been in search for the perfect diamond!!! And now i feel heartbroken! i guess i waited to long before putting it on hold!
7.gif
Maybe it is on hold for you if you sent them an e-mail about it. Call them.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Never, never come to Pricescope seeking opinions on a named product without first putting the item on hold. There are too many tales of stones being swiped whilst opinion is being sought.

I hope it''s on hold for you!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry that the stone is on hold but maybe someone will free it up. That stone has been around for some time (probably because it is large and not that many people buying such a large stone).

pryncess630

Rough_Rock
Oh believe me! I will not ask anything anymore unless i put it on hold! i have learned my lesson! LOL :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2010 7:39:08 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Date: 4/6/2010 7:23:15 PM
Author: pryncess630
7.gif
Maybe it is on hold for you if you sent them an e-mail about it. Call them.
Definitely, its worth asking if they reserved it for you.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
I just found this thread..........I''m the one who bought the stone....

I had a thread up a few days ago asking between this cushion and AGS0 Round, and decided for the cushion yesterday. I didn''t "swipe" it(didn''t even know about this thread), I think we are looking at the same diamond at the same time, strange....now reading your thread I''m also looking at the same setting (I''m eyeing one some more styles, too) by Leon Mege, too. I guess we have a similar taste. I''m sorry it had to happen, and the other stone you are looking at is also spectacular if you decide on it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results