shape
carat
color
clarity

Help -- Assessing Quality of Diamond for Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dps

Rough_Rock
I''m new to these boards, but you all seem exceedingly knowledgeable. I''m trying to decide on a diamond (in very short order), and have found one (through a friend of friend in the wholesale biz) that looks great. Wanted to get some expert opinion on what information I should ask for (that I don''t have) that would help me make a more informed decision on price:value. Or, if I have all the info, what you think of the diamond''s price:value relationship?

Here are the specs:

Princess cut/sqaure modified brilliant, F color, VS2 clarity, 2.31 carat, 72% table, 72.5% depth, 7.32 x 7.24 (1.01 length x width ratio), no culet or fluorescence, polish is Very Good, symmetry is Good, Girdle is medium. Price for the stone is roughly $19,000.

Please let me know if you have any insights on

mountainrocks

Rough_Rock
For a quick guide to Princess Cuts check out: www.gemappraisers.com, they have cut charts that will give you a good starting point.

It's impossible to judge a fancy by it's numbers alone, so if you've seen the stone and it looks great to you, that's far more important than how it stacks up on the charts.

Ask your supplier if you can get a sarin report, that will provide lots more information including the crown angle, a key to a beautiful Princess.

As far as price, have you looked around on Pricescope? Do a few searches and see what the prices are in your size/quality range.

Just an example: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=2040571

Happy Hunting.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results