shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!! Are my proportions okay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ominous25

Rough_Rock
I need to make a decision about a round diamond ASAP- (procrastinator trying to get engaged). I don''t have the crown/ pavilion angles, so I can''t put them into the Holloway Adviser...

But, I have the following...

Can anyone tell if this is a good cut? And why is the table so small? Will it make my diamond look tiny?

Finally, how do you read the measurements?

weight 2.02
measurements 8.12-8.17X 5.03 mm
depth 61.8%
table 55%
girdle thin to medium
culet none
clarity VS2
color H
polish excellent
symmetry excellent

Thanks!

ominous25

Rough_Rock
Wow. Mr. Holloway- I am quite honored that you have responsed to my two emails on this forum. The diamond was marked "ideal" on blue nile...does that mean anything? I am a little nervous about harassing the seller about the crown and pavilion angles, as he has been so accommodating in assisting me with my purchase. However, if the initial dimensions are giving you pause for concern, then I will have to bravely ask for the information.

I read all on your site about smaller and larger tables- I feel that the smaller table might have the diamond look smaller than comparable diamonds and might sacrifice brilliance BIC( yet replace such brilliance with fire-FIC) (as you can tell, I have been reading EVERYTHING on your site...)

And, as you probably know, you are TRULY changing people's lives! Wow. Thanks for your help so far, and I would really appreciate a little more advice from the Diamond "EMPEROR"!!!

Wow.

Sincerely,

An aspiring fiance

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi
wavey.gif

I think the stone has got very nice proprtions and it is considered ideal by my standards ,I dont think that you need the crown and pavillion as the depth and table says it all!but you didnot mention anything about flour.??Idid you compare on the net other websites, to make sure you are getting a good deal?
Otherwise it is a very pretty stone and I think you cannot get better than that (ex-ex).

good luck

good luck
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results