shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Any good diamond source in Washington DC area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beginner

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a good quality diamond. I am living in Northern VA(Washington DC area). There are a bunch of jewery stores in the mall. I am not sure if this is the right place to get a quality diamond in good price. I would appreciate if anybody can recommand some good sources in Washington DC area for me. Thanks!!!:wavey:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Beginner,

. He's close to you in Mariland and will be able to show you the diamonds.[/u]

beginner

Rough_Rock
Thanks for recommandation.
But how is his reputation and quality there at Dirtcheap.com?

Ceillie

Rough_Rock
I purchase my stone from a brick and mortar on Rockville pike. The woman who runs the place is fantastic. She was low pressure. Got a variety of stone in for me to review in order for me to determine what I really wanted. (ie - she knew that I was not going to buy them.) And then she went out of her way to find a stone that fit the paramaters for what I was looking for. Her price was close to a comperable stone I saw at GoodOldGold.com .

If Rockville is not to far a jaunt for you - let me know. I will be glad to post her information.

Ceillie

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
But how is his reputation and quality there at Dirtcheap.com?
----------------

Do a search on this board for "dirtcheap" to see other consumers feedbacks. Here are some threads:

[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

beginner

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Ceillie. I am not too far from rockville. Can you post the store's information?

Ceillie

Rough_Rock
Sorry this took so long - I have been away...

The store is:

Mc Cutchen Jewelers
1750 Rockville Pike,Rockville,MD 20852
Phone: (301) 881-8575

It is located in the lobby of the Doubletree Hotel on Rockville Pike.

Ask for Elenore. She was fantastic with me. see the following post...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/consumers-what-are-you-buying-where-and-why.1755/

good luck with your search.

Ceillie

kikabop

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I found what I believe is the absolute best place to buy diamonds in Northern VA (Wahington DC) area. I was referred by a friend who really KNOWS about Diamonds. It is IGS, Inc. They have a website (www.igsdiamonds.com). The guy who runs it also teaches about diamonds at NOVA. If you're looking for 'fluff' (i.e. Tiffany's), you won't find it there, but I promise you will get the absolute best price for the best diamond and you don't have to worry about hype.

Mike in VA

Rough_Rock
Yes there is, I bought my engagement ring at 5 star jewelers in Falls Church VA. They are a mom and pop type of store. They will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about diamonds. All of there diamonds are GIA certified thus guaranteed by an independent authority. You can also use the GIA certificate to ensure proper insurance coverage. The best thing is they are the only store that I am aware of that gives a one year unconditional moneyback guarantee. You never know, better safe than sorry. The only way to get a better deal is by having loose diamonds appraised by a third party. It costs money but is better than being taken advantage of or trusting a salesperson.

Good luck,
Mike
wavey.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Beginner ~ Check your private messages

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Iceman, this topic was started almost a year ago. Beginner's probably not around anymore.

mygo21

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure that I'm knowlegable enought to reply--but I always start at the top end and the internet. Once you get an idea of what you want, you can go from there. Even after saying that, most of my diamond purchases have been made in Brussels--when the dollar was strong. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results