shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Analyzing Diamond (images included)

mednat

Rough_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone looks like it was slightly tilted. I'd say it's a nice one though, despite that. Set it securely in a six prong or a bezel though as it has a thin girdle.

mednat

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy, was planning to set in a 6 prong. Having your vote of approval definitely makes me feel better about my choice!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice.

What setting?

mednat

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at this setting with a slight modification (adding a split shank twist possibly). http://www.verragio.com/Verragio-Engagement-Rings/Venetian-Engagement-Rings/VENETIAN-5052/1121?col=undefined

She really likes the intricate undergallery that verragio has, and I think this style will not highlight the J color of the stone. I'm a bit uneasy with the color choice (haven't seen it in person yet), but I think most of my worry is coming from vendor supplied photos that captured alot of yellow in the overhead lighting. I'm hoping to not see a ton of warmth in most lighting, especially face on, but color is something i really struggle to see. She didn't seem to notice the difference between g/h/i, so I'm hoping J won't be a big jump from the I.

mednat

Rough_Rock
Here are the pictures to made me concerned about the color. I'm pretty sure it's just the environment causing the extreme color and I know photos don't capture color well at all, but I haven't seen a ton of diamonds in person to know the full range of the J color. I'm hoping to have the stone in person next week, with the ability to return, so I'm trying to calm myself down.

fullsizerender__2__8.jpg
fullsizerender__1__14.jpg
fullsizerender__3__6.jpg
fullsizerender_145.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results