shape
carat
color
clarity

Help an old man out with a $20k budget please.

miltond

Rough_Rock
Finally singed up as a member after much reading. It's finally my time to buy a ring. Looking at a $20k budget for the diamond (+/- a few K if needed). I have reservations about ordering a ring online but pricescope members have convinced me otherwise. So...I have been considering whiteflash ACA diamonds since I figured it was a "safe bet" and I like some of their setting options. Would you guys help me by recommending some diamonds in my price range? I was considering 1.7-2.0 carats, round. I have little idea what constitutes a good image, ideal scope, aset, etc. Therefore I do not know why one would choose one diamond over another in the same size/price. I hope to learn a lot from this forum. Thanks in advance.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any preference on colour or clarity?

If you want to max out your size and budget
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3180405.htm 2.114 ct I SI1 $21,013

Up in colour
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3075971.htm 1.828 ct G SI1 $18,426

Up in clarity
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3508616.htm 1.818 ct H VS2 $19,940

Depends on what is most important to you. I'm fine with an I colour, so I'd lean toward that - it's also HUGE in comparison to the others (not that they'll be small by any means!). Otherwise, I'd go with the G. Eye clean, larger, higher colour and cheaper than the H.

miltond

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1449084359|3956502 said:
Any preference on colour or clarity?
Would like to be G/H and VS2. I think I even saw a F VS2 on whiteflash for a little more than 20k.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
miltond|1449083653|3956499 said:
Finally singed up as a member after much reading. It's finally my time to buy a ring. Looking at a $20k budget for the diamond (+/- a few K if needed). I have reservations about ordering a ring online but pricescope members have convinced me otherwise. So...I have been considering whiteflash ACA diamonds since I figured it was a "safe bet" and I like some of their setting options. Would you guys help me by recommending some diamonds in my price range? I was considering 1.7-2.0 carats, round. I have little idea what constitutes a good image, ideal scope, aset, etc. Therefore I do not know why one would choose one diamond over another in the same size/price. I hope to learn a lot from this forum. Thanks in advance.

I have a WF ACA.

They are very very high end and very much a 'safe bet'.
Actually, an ACA is a sure thing and not a 'bet' at all.

You don't even need to learn anything about HCA, Idealscopes or ASET if buying an ACA.

Just pick the color and clarity combination that you prefer for your budget.
If you don't know go out and look at diamonds in person.
Compare color and clarity and notice what the grades do to the price, but only look at diamonds graded by GIA or AGS.
Many other labs lie about grades.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so funny DS. After so many years, I think you and I could pick stones for each other in our sleep. I saw that one and thought... DS would pick this one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1449111317|3956715 said:
It's so funny DS. After so many years, I think you and I could pick stones for each other in our sleep. I saw that one and thought... DS would pick this one.

Lol! I totally agree! Fortunately, there is not a bad choice among these!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results