shape
carat
color
clarity

Help an Indecisive Girl Out!

Which project?

• Go with the Gem Silica as it will look so rich in YG and you can redo the Emmy later!

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Redo the Emerald ring because the stone is yum and I NEED TO SEE IT HALOED NOW!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Im saying Gem Silica because I love the emerald ring as is; nice and simple and shows it off well!

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Soooooo.....:roll2:

In about a month I am planning on working with DK for the first time *squeals like a little girl* and originally wanted to set my other gem silica that I purchased that has a paraiba-ish look to it but then I started thinking (and I dont own a haloed ring) that my 7mm round emerald cabochon would look stunning in yellow gold haloed with 2mm bright white diamonds.

I will only have the current funds to set one project in motion.

Which one should I do?
Please take a vote and post your reason why below!

Images are attached of the gem silica and in the last photo you can see the color differences between my recently set blue-green cushion and this other brighter beauty.

If it helps in making your decision Im planning to;

-Emerald Cab 7mm; 14k yellow gold, claws w miligrain and haloed by diamonds.

-Gem Silica 12x15mm; 14k yellow gold double claws, miligrain w/tapered band and 2 or 4 tiny diamonds set into the band.

20190531_195846.jpg 20190531_195806.jpg 20190531_200058~3.jpg

20190110_155810.jpg 20190110_152455.jpg 20190112_094911.jpg 20190110_155802.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Waiting for @elle_71125 to tell you how awesome halos are... :lol:

I chose the gem silica because the emerald ring you have is already yummy, and gem silica will give you something different that most people haven't seen.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for the emerald being done first. Both of your gems are gorgeous and your basic design plans sound great. Since it's your first project with DK, I'd want to go with the stone with the best bling factor. IMO, that would definitely be the emerald with a diamond halo.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another option is to keep emerald as is and bling up the gem silica setting a bit more. Then you’d have a smaller, simpler ring and a nice big cocktail ring.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I don't vote for any of these options because both of your emerald and gem silica rings are yummy as is. I'd set the 12x15 in a pendant instead of adding another ring to wear.

I say no to haloing the emerald because I'm afraid the halo will make the center stone look duller because it's a cab, and imho cabs benefit less from blinging it out.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s a waste of a setting if you took the emerald out, since the bezel will be mauled to get it out. It looks great the way it is. I vote for the gem silica.

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
I voted for gem silica, your design sounds great and I reckon you will really enjoy the creative process with DK on that one. Your emerald cab is already in a lovely setting, I’d say leave that be so you’ll have two different rings! And you can always halo out the gem silica if you want... :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MrsKMB is right. I’m voting halo. I don’t really have a preference for which gem you should go with but, dear god, please halo it. Mama needs a fix. :lol:

I’m just gonna leave these right here...:whistle:

A2D1DEF8-FA82-4244-8D96-DB4563FB5163.jpeg
E5993F35-08C9-46FA-BED8-A5B66D0EACC3.jpeg
8689C1DD-3652-4AA7-914E-0BCE10F93785.jpeg

Come on, you can’t tell me that last one isn’t doing it for you. :mrgreen2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125
Ummm yeah...that last one.... it just gets me!
Lord jesus I might just have to send him that
With the text "Yes Please". I think he could even make that design better!

Still at work, will reply to all of you lovely ladies when I get off!

Everyone is giving me something to think about!!!
And @voce the pendant idea is lovely but I'm just a ring girl at heart...I cannot justify spending that amount on a pendant.

*Sigh* If only I could somehow make both projects work!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shoot, I meant to choose the last option, not the first! arg! my bad!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl @elle_71125 the first two halos did absolutely nothing for me, but I admit the last delicate halo looks very nice.

Maybe I'm just a frugal person at heart and cringe at the idea of destroying an existing ring setting that's perfectly good, if simple, just to make it a little nicer. I think this is why I tend to stay away from bezel settings and cabs in general. Cabs tend to call for bezel settings, and I'm loathe to reset gemstones in bezel settings because in order to do so, I must destroy the bezel setting. It may be simpler, but it was still someone else's hard work and artistry, and I don't know which is worse, destroying someone else's work or wasting my own money to reset a stone. The consideration is that prong settings are more reusable, and even if broken, prongs can be rebuilt.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl @elle_71125 the first two halos did absolutely nothing for me, but I admit the last delicate halo looks very nice.

Maybe I'm just a frugal person at heart and cringe at the idea of destroying an existing ring setting that's perfectly good, if simple, just to make it a little nicer. I think this is why I tend to stay away from bezel settings and cabs in general. Cabs tend to call for bezel settings, and I'm loathe to reset gemstones in bezel settings because in order to do so, I must destroy the bezel setting. It may be simpler, but it was still someone else's hard work and artistry, and I don't know which is worse, destroying someone else's work or wasting my own money to reset a stone. The consideration is that prong settings are more reusable, and even if broken, prongs can be rebuilt.

I can totally see what youre saying but in this case the setting was only $120.00 total for the emerald and sadly I need to have it resized anyways. You bring up a valid argument... I cannot disagree that it looks lovely already in its sweet and simple home and who knows, If I change it I may feel like it looked much better in this setting.

Argh decisions, decisions!!

Thank you for everyones opinions! Its such a big help!!!!

The poll is open for 3 weeks so I wont be counting votes until then.

Also while I know that bright white meelee diamonds will look stunning with the gem silica cab, I just cant see myself wearing the cab haloed so just keep in mind that setting that stone only comes with a few teeny gypsy-type set diamonds into the band.

Can y'all tell I love bluish green babies yet?!
Haha :mrgreen::Up_to_something:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
shoot, I meant to choose the last option, not the first! arg! my bad!

Aww noted girly!! & Yeah sorry I chose to have the votes locked once sent, so others cant change their answer if they see nobody else voted for the option they did, meaning itd rule out that popular/mob mentality and instead Id see the truth of each individual.

Thank you thank you for voting!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I voted for gem silica, your design sounds great and I reckon you will really enjoy the creative process with DK on that one. Your emerald cab is already in a lovely setting, I’d say leave that be so you’ll have two different rings! And you can always halo out the gem silica if you want... :mrgreen2:

Thank you for sharing!
Its so sweet how everyone loves my emeralds home already....that shows that you can create a lovely piece to be admired on a budget. I built that emmy ring for $240.00; 120 for the stone, and 120 even for the setting + workmanship.
I do need to have it resized though, ive gotten a job at a new hospital and this perfect woman I envy is always baking and ive gained about 8 pounds which oddly shows on my hands. Plus we plan on adding some additions to our family soon so I can only imagine ill be forced to resize it 1/2- 1 full size or so.
If I go either way I see both being glorious! The gem silica will pack a larger punch though with its stark contrast between buttery yellow gold, paraiba blue, and white diamonds.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s a waste of a setting if you took the emerald out, since the bezel will be mauled to get it out. It looks great the way it is. I vote for the gem silica.

Thank you strawrose girl! I definetely follow the principle "If it aint broke, dont fix it." So why not apply it to this lane in my life?! I dont want to ruin a good thing.
But Also the evil Garnet Girl on my shoulder whispers "Bbbbbut its David Klass.....he will make that Emmy sing!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results