Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help... Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gman

Rough_Rock
I found an amazing looking Radiant diamond that I really like but I need some advice. It shines like crazy and it has great measurements (6.59x6.19x3.81)for the modified lucida type setting that I am looking do do.
I don't have all the stats, only what is on the GIA report as follows:
1.21carat
vs1
E colour (no I did not spell color wrong... I am Canadian)
Depth 61.6
Table 66
Culet None
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Fl none
The problem is with the girdle which is listed as Extremely Thin to Medium.
Yes I have read the pricescope tutorials and all of the goodoldgold stuff. My basic concern is with the girdle. Unfortunately I don't know what part of the girdle is extremely thin. I have read that extremely thin girdles on the corners of a princess can break during mounting. Would this also be the same on a Radiant (though they already have cut corners)? Also, does the Extemely Thin to Medium girdle throw it into a class 3 or 4 diamond? I just can't tell from reading the AGA cut charts. Also, anyone know how much I should expect to pay in US funds? (I did a search on pricescope and can't tell) Am I worrying for nothing?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gman...Canadian, eh?
Formally speaking, extremely thin girdle indeed throws it to the cut grade to AGA class 4.On the other hand, x-thin girdle doesn't affect beauty of a diamond - only the risk of chipping. The risk can be small in basel settings or high if x-thin part will be under a prong.
I would guess the price in the Internet for this stone would be some $7k-$7.5k US...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.