shape
carat
color
clarity

Help... Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gman

Rough_Rock
I found an amazing looking Radiant diamond that I really like but I need some advice. It shines like crazy and it has great measurements (6.59x6.19x3.81)for the modified lucida type setting that I am looking do do.
I don't have all the stats, only what is on the GIA report as follows:
1.21carat
vs1
E colour (no I did not spell color wrong... I am Canadian)
Depth 61.6
Table 66
Culet None
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Fl none
The problem is with the girdle which is listed as Extremely Thin to Medium.
Yes I have read the pricescope tutorials and all of the goodoldgold stuff. My basic concern is with the girdle. Unfortunately I don't know what part of the girdle is extremely thin. I have read that extremely thin girdles on the corners of a princess can break during mounting. Would this also be the same on a Radiant (though they already have cut corners)? Also, does the Extemely Thin to Medium girdle throw it into a class 3 or 4 diamond? I just can't tell from reading the AGA cut charts. Also, anyone know how much I should expect to pay in US funds? (I did a search on pricescope and can't tell) Am I worrying for nothing?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gman...Canadian, eh?
smile.gif
logo_iamca.gif
Formally speaking, extremely thin girdle indeed throws it to the cut grade to AGA class 4.On the other hand, x-thin girdle doesn't affect beauty of a diamond - only the risk of chipping. The risk can be small in basel settings or high if x-thin part will be under a prong.
I would guess the price in the Internet for this stone would be some $7k-$7.5k US...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results