shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: Advice needed. Brian Gavin Diamonds holding onto Refund

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the same note, if it is so little than Wink didn’t notice it, whose to say it wasn’t damaged before it ever got to the OP when she first bought it? It went from BG to OP to HPD to OP to BG to AGS and the damage might have happened at any of those points, especially if it never got noticed until I made it to AGS to be recertified.
Exactly!!!! This is why I have an issue with putting all the blame on op and/or zero of it on bgd. I don't like how they acted, period.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
All things put aside... makes me wonder about those that might have a super ideal diamond and just put it through daily wear and use... if they sent for a recertification would something like this commonly happen? o_O

Obviously I assume the OP didn't go taking a sledgehammer to her diamond for giggles, and also we all know the level of expert Wink would be, and something seemingly minor can reduce an entire grade of polish and cause headaches for all involved.

Makes me wonder how fragile that "super ideal" designation could truly be. :confused2:

Just my 2c

Oh and of course major props to Wink, who handled the whole ordeal like nothing short of what we all thought he would.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All things put aside... makes me wonder about those that might have a super ideal diamond and just put it through daily wear and use... if they sent for a recertification would something like this commonly happen? o_O

Obviously I assume the OP didn't go taking a sledgehammer to her diamond for giggles, and also we all know the level of expert Wink would be, and something seemingly minor can reduce an entire grade of polish and cause headaches for all involved.

Makes me wonder how fragile that "super ideal" designation could truly be. :confused2:

Just my 2c

Oh and of course major props to Wink, who handled the whole ordeal like nothing short of what we all thought he would.

I don't think it is a common occurrence. These vendors take stones back in all day from trades. Diamonds are hard and resilient but of course anything can happen. I do believe they are all recerted though so if there was a minor girdle chip or something they might send them back to a cutter for repolishing before recertification.

This is where your insurance comes into play if in fact it does happen to the consumer. They would repair or replace to make you whole again for the insured amount.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crown damage could have happened during the BGD setting process. Setting puts more pressure on the diamond than unmounting does. Way too many variables here.

@Wink you, sir, are a true gentleman.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
It's not clear to me why Wink is being thrown/throwing himself under the bus when he simply did what the client asked... but they did right by the client and that's what matters at the end of the day.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink, you continue to impress me with your dedication to customer service. Thank you for doing the right thing even when the fault may not have been yours. There is no proof the burden was yours to bear, but as a friend and true professional you simply addressed the matter head on and tried to act in the best interest of a professional working relationship and the customer. That is very rare in this world. Thank you. :cool2:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink, you continue to impress me with your dedication to customer service. Thank you for doing the right thing even when the fault may not have been yours. There is no proof the burden was yours to bear, but as a friend and true professional you simply addressed the matter head on and tried to act in the best interest of a professional working relationship and the customer. That is very rare in this world. Thank you. :cool2:
I agree and you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

In the end, I really hope that @Katty01Kat finds a way to get past this whole event and adore and love that CBI stone and the love and promise it represents.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree and you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

In the end, I really hope that @Katty01Kat finds a way to get past this whole event and adore and love that CBI stone and the love and promise it represents.

@rockysalamander !!!!!!!!!!

So good to see you. It's been too long. Hope all is good in Rockyland. :cool2:

And as usual, spot on about moving forward. This situation is unfortunate but the stone and reasoning for the stone is phenomenal.

While few of us like lemons, we all tend to like lemonade. And a few of us, like me, prefer spiked lemonade. Shhhhh, just drink up. Wait, what? Just go with it, that's my version of the lemons and lemonade story, lol. Are you ready for a refill yet? ;)2

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander !!!!!!!!!!

So good to see you. It's been too long. Hope all is good in Rockyland. :cool2:

And as usual, spot on about moving forward. This situation is unfortunate but the stone and reasoning for the stone is phenomenal.

While few of us like lemons, we all tend to like lemonade. And a few of us, like me, prefer spiked lemonade. Shhhhh, just drink up. Wait, what? Just go with it, that's my version of the lemons and lemonade story, lol. Are you ready for a refill yet? ;)2

Rockyland has been...well...rocky. Getting better and getting through.

Sorry to threadjack!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockyland has been...well...rocky. Getting better and getting through.

Sorry to threadjack!

o_O :x2 Where am I going and who's knee caps am I busting?

Seriously, very sorry to hear this. :(2 Not sure the issues, but if there is anything that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask. You are welcome to contact me directly if you wish. I know we can't do PM's here's (this really needs added) but I have no probs if you want to reach out via email.

@psadmin and @Garry H (Cut Nut), please consider adding PM's and provide @rockysalamander my contact email if she so desires.

/threadjack

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge you really just need to bite the bullet and create a listing on LT with your contact info. You aren’t a real PSer until you do. Just saying :whistle:

Forgot about that. I created one a while back.

Just type sledge into the search field and I pop up. :cool2:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
o_O :x2 Where am I going and who's knee caps am I busting?

Seriously, very sorry to hear this. :(2 Not sure the issues, but if there is anything that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask. You are welcome to contact me directly if you wish. I know we can't do PM's here's (this really needs added) but I have no probs if you want to reach out via email.

@psadmin and @Garry H (Cut Nut), please consider adding PM's and provide @rockysalamander my contact email if she so desires.

/threadjack
You can feel free to contact me through LT. https://loupetroop.com/account/listings/31184

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results