shape
carat
color
clarity

Help accessorize new dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so I despise shopping with a passion. But I know lots of you gals on here love to shop, so I was hoping to get a little help.

I was out shopping for a dress with my MOH (and only attendant) last month, and actually ended up randomly finding a dress for me at Bebe ~ a black and red silk kimono dress that was on sale for ~$60 and fits really great. I couldn''t pass it up. Pics below.

But I need help accessorizing the dress! Shoes?!?!? I wouldn''t to spend more than $100. I''m so clueless when it comes to these things ... it''s sort of pathetic
39.gif

I also will need the bra cup stick-on things since the back is so low I don''t think a strapless would work ~ anyone have any recommendations? I''ve never worn these before. I''m a 32/34 C (a smallish C).

Jewelry? -- even more clueless here.

Finally, do you think I could wear this to my friends'' wedding? The wedding is a destination wedding near Destin, FL ~ 5:30pm ceremony on the beach with a dinner and dancing reception to follow at a B&B on the beach. The wedding is in early April, so I might need something a little warmer to wear over it when we''re outside ... a pashmina?

TIA ~ I''m trying to learn fashion, but it is sooooo hard for me! Can''t wait to see what you guys come up with!

Front of the dress (that''s not me ~ I just found a random pic of the dress):

bebe front.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s the back:

bebe back.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! Let me think of some things, I love it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY cute dress! i love it!

i think that some simple strappy black high heels would be awesome, what about some christian louboutins with a red sole? that''d be SMOKIN! haha. as for jewelry...hmmm maybe some simple silver pieces? a fat silver hammered bangle and maybe a wrapped dangling necklace and simple earrings?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty dress! I'm thinking just big black drop crystal / chand. earrings! Fun!

I don't know why, but I see plain delicate stappy heels or plain ol pointy closed toe killer heel black satin heels or sling backs! Nine west also had these fab black peep toes with red soles...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i second the nine west louboutin knockoffs! the picture is a little askew because i shrunk it a bit off.

PG.NWLIATRIS.BLACKLE.PE.jpg

maybe some fun black bangles like these:

GenArt10.JPG

and the nu bra is a good stick on brand.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for the nine west louboutin knockoffs and a bunch of silver bangles and a nice pair of drop earrings or medium sized diamond hoops. i picture dark messy curls with this dress..hahaha i''m trying to accessorize the hair too.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I knew you all would have great ideas.

I ordered the Nine West shoes, even though that 4" heel scares me
32.gif
That puts me taller than my FI! I usually stick to 2.5" heels b/c if my feet are hurting, I''m not a happy camper. Above 3" and I find that my back starts to hurt. So this is an experiment to see how I like these shoes. Since I ordered from Zappos, all I''m out is a stop at the UPS store on the way to work if they''re way too uncomfortable.
I also ordered two pairs of black strappy sandals ~ need those any way, so hopefully one of them will be comfy.

I''ll check out that Nu-bra thing. Thanks!

I''ll work on the jewelry ... I don''t have much, but I have been thinking of getting some silver drop earrings. Unfortunately the diamond hoops are not in my near future
7.gif

And I do have the dark hair part, but not so much the curly part -- if I curled my hair it would probably be straight again in less than an hour. But we''ll see ...

You guys are the best!

PS. Any suggestions for some warmth? Would a black pashmina work?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Those are them!!!! I wish they were fabric though...but I think those are fab

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lucite (clear) bangles would work, as would multi thin silver/gold bangles. Short/cropped jacket.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results