shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a newbie with a princess cut

thk3

Rough_Rock
I am new to diamonds and I feel like I have researched to the point my brain is going to melt. It feels like its taking the fun out of it at this point. Budget is certainly an issue for me so I am trying to find the best stone for the money. Please give me your opinions on these two princess cut diamonds and any advice you may have. Thanks so much.

Carat weight: 0.80
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 70.3%
Table: 71.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.33*5.12*3.60
Ratio: 1.04

Carat weight: 0.76
Cut: Very good
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 69.6%
Table: 72.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.15 x 5.10 x 3.55 mm
Ratio: 1.01

Thanks for any help you can give.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have images? it is impossible to judge princess cuts just by the numbers

thk3

Rough_Rock
No images. Both are listed online without pictures. Is it a mistake to buy online?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know enough to answer by the numbers alone on a princess, but you will need to post pictures of the stones. I really stick to AGS Ideal cut stones as much as possible because it is just easier to get a great stone! Here are some in case you haven't seen them:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/brian-gavins-princess-cut-diamonds/

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/search.aspx (look for WhiteFlash ACA princess diamonds)

You posted right before I clicked send, and I see you are asking if it is a mistake to buy online. My answer is no, but there are vendors that provide you with pictures and other information on the stones such as the ones I posted above. My diamond ring was purchased from Good Old Gold online, and they also carry some excellent princess cut stones. I've also purchased items from the two above. Better quality with better prices!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
no, but I would purchase from a site that provides images and ASET images. what is your budget and desired specs? perhaps we can find some candidates

thk3

Rough_Rock
I really would like to spend no more than 2700 on the stone itself. I think I am making a bigger deal out of this than my girlfriend would. But I want her to love it.

Specs:

Cut: Very good/Ideal
Color: G and better
Clarity: No visible inclusions (vs2 or better???)
I would like an nice ratio close to 1.00

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1305002454|2917067 said:

Good advice and some great options there. The BGD is my favorite of these, but it's a little more expensive and H color. I wouldn't be afraid of H though - it will still look very white, and most people couldn't tell the difference between G and H.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto slg - nothing odd in the numbers and the ASET simulation looks nice, definitely worth buying and having it shipped out to inspect in-person, and planning to return if it doesn't meet expectations - BN is reputable, and has a generous return policy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results