shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a girl with a budget decide on a diamond? =)

LynzeeLeigh

Rough_Rock
I'm getting a round diamond to go in a six prong solitaire setting. The highest I can go in weight is about .71 ct and the lowest I'm willing to go is about .62. Is there going to be enough of a visible size difference to be worth going better in clarity? Either way it will be an excellent/ideal cut and probably a G in color. So I don't know if I want to sacrifice size to go for VS2 or if I should just try to find an eye clean SI2 or SI1? I have about $2300 max to put into the stone. My ring size is only about 3.75/4 so either way it's going to look bigger on me than it actually is.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My feelings on this issue are: as long as it is eye-clean to me- I would go with an SI1 or SI2 and then bump up in carat or even color if my budget allows it AND you are already at the biggest carat size you want. As long as it is an excellent/ideal cut stone, and eyeclean- you are able to play around with the color, clarity, and carat to fit in your budget and within your taste.

But I say go to the .71 carat mark, eyeclean SI1-SI2, excellent/ideal cut, and then see where color takes you and what your preference is! It also doesn't hurt to go and play around with stones in a store so you can see your actual preferences in person to help guide you better with your diamond purchase.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eyeclean is really important to me, where color is not. I would go down to a very well cut I, but for me I would stay at a VS2. I have
had stones that initially I thought they were eye clean but once I got them home and looked at them a bit, I could easily find the
inclusion. Once my eye can see it, then I am sure everyone can see it.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
My diamond is SI1 and eye clean. I can not see anything with my eyes so shop around and you will find it =)

anxiously_waiting

Rough_Rock
I would go for the .71 and eye clean. I would even go down to an H if it would give me a bigger stone. :)

MrsDubDeez

Rough_Rock
Trade
i would do eye clean and a lower color with fluorescence to bump up the carat weight. :bigsmile:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
My stone is H and it looks very white to me. I looked at both G and H when shopping for my stone and unless they were on a white background, I couldn't see much difference. Certainly, once it's set and not right next to another color stone, you won't know the difference. From what I've read on this site, several people have beautiful "I" colors as well. As long as the cut and symmetry are excellent and you have a lot of fire and sparkle, I would keep it to a SI1 - eye clean or the VS2. Good ones are definitely out there. Good luck

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for an eye clean Si ideal cut diamond and get the biggest carat weight you can afford in your price range.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results