shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! 2 settings for RHR

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I have a 1.3 Transitional diamond that was my grandmas. I'm wanting to reset it into something antique/ vintage styles.

I've found 2 settings that I really like - would love some opinions!

**** I can't upload pics- any help would be greatly appreciated! (sorry newbie here!)

Thanks you! Then I can add pics!!

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ariel144! for the help- will see if I can upload pics!

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Hi All!! I will try this again. Thanks again Ariel144 I hope this works!

So, again I have my grandmas 1.3 transitional diamond that I want to reset into something vintage/ antique looking for a RHR. These are the two settings I am trying to decide on. I also will do some modifications to the baskets and shanks since I will be incorporating my kids birthstones into the ring as well. For now Im trying to get an overall feel for what I want.

I love both settings for different reasons.

1. stephanie_halo.jpg

I really like how feminine this ring is. The detail is really pretty and I think my grandmas stone will look great in it. I would like to have the shank not plain so will have to think of something on that

2. lissette_lad.png

This ring I LOVE! I love the French cuts and would like French cuts on the shank as well.

So, looking for opinions!

My main hesitation is that I wear a 4.75 ring and I am petite, so I don't want a huge overpowering ring. I want something that doesn't look like an engagement ring (I love mine). I want something to honor my grandma and to have something that I can wear and not just have sitting in a jewelry box.

Thanks for any help!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your transitional perfectly round? Mine isn't and when bezeled, it accentuates that off-round outline. In addition, those that aren't well cut, end up darkening in a bezel.

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Hello Chrono!

Yes mine is perfectly round. Its "N" color VS2.
20150903_165959-1.jpg

I was thinking putting it into Rose gold I think it would be really pretty.

I didn't know that about bezeling, but it makes sense; I think my stone will be ok (?)

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you cup the stone completely, leaving only the top (table and crown) open, how does it look?

rimjaja

Rough_Rock
#2 looks more classic and vintage to me

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Hello
Chrono: It looks good- its a really pretty stone. Doesn't seem to change the color and its quite bright

Rimjaja = thanks that is what I think as well!

Thanks all for the help and suggestions!

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
I think I've decided to go with the more Art Deco style ring instead of the floral ring. I love the French cuts and the overall look of the ring. But I also like the floral motif as well. Ugggghhh decisions! The floral ring reminds me of my grandma, but I think overall she would want me to pick something I love and would wear daily. Again decisions, decisions.....

anyone know of any good vendors that do great Antique/ Vintage style rings? I've looked at DK and LAD. Their work is gorgeous. I tried someone local but, they emailed me 2x and then never heard from them again.... I don't know how people stay in business sometimes (smh) oh well, I'm liking what I'm seeing on the forums, just have to narrow it down.
Going to be fun!

Any thoughts??

Help me decide!!

Thanks!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, no idea of antique style jeweler recommendations. Just wanted to chime in that I think the style you chose is beautiful. I'm sure your Grandma would be pleased you are going to enjoy her diamond.

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Kgizo- thank you so much for your comment. I agree- I think she would be immensely pleased that I am going to wear her diamond and not let it sit in a jewelry box. :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results