shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP-->2 diamonds, quite similar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tuer

Rough_Rock
#1. 0.85 C, H/VS2 GIA 6.12x6.16x3.76 mm
Depth: 61.2%
Table:54%
Crown:33.7
Pavil: 40.7
Culet:none
Girdle:Thin to Med, Facted (1.2-1.9)
Pol/Sym: EX/EX
Characteristics: Crystal
HCA: 0.8

2. 0.86 C, H/VS2 AGSL6.14*6.16*3.79 mm sarin:

Depth:61.6% 61.5
Table:54% 54
Crown:34.7 34.7
Pavil:40.9 40.8
Culet: pointed
Girdle: thin thin(0.9-1.3)
Pol/Sym: ID/ID
HCA: 1.7 1.4

#2-#1=50

All data are similar. How to choose? Thanks.

Can anyone help me to do the simulations of the idealscope (I dont know how to do it)? Thanks a lot!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Well, they are almost identical... I think that #1 will be a better performer, though. It's 50$ cheaper, also
9.gif
2.gif
!!!!!!!

tuer

Rough_Rock
Is AGSL much stricter than GIA?

I wonder if the crystal will be a problem. Why some GIA reports remark "charateristics" under the clarity, while others do not have?

I was told that in VS2 level, all inclusions should be invisible by naked eye. Is that true for all GIA certified stones?

I will make an order tomorrow. If anyone can help me to simulate the idealscope of #1, it will be great! Thanks anyway.

1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Both are great stones, Tuer. Following are the numbers and POSSIBLE simulated IdealScope image on stone #1. It is an incredible stone, with a top blend of rankings:

Light Return Mono…….....Very Good 1.00
Light Return Stereo……….Very Good 0.97
(Non) Leakage Mono……...Very Good to Excellent 1.07
(Non) Leakage Stereo…….Very Good to Excellent 1.05
Contrast………….......…....Very Good 0.97
(Non) Fisheye Effect……..Very Good 1.00

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The image shown has perfect symmetry, which is rare, and the star facet/lower girdle facet lengths may vary from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or when the Sarin data is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in indicating the major light performance aspects.
-----------

0.85 RBC- Tuer.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I ran the second stone through the DiamCalc just out of curiousity. Also a great stone, but with a moderate amount more leakage under the table area (notice the paler pinks compared to image #1). It came up with the following POSSIBLE profile of light return analysis:

Light Return Mono…….....Very Good 1.01
Light Return Stereo……….Very Good 0.98
(Non) Leakage Mono……...Very Good 1.02
(Non) Leakage Stereo…….Very Good to Good 0.92
Contrast………….......…....Very Good to Good 0.92
(Non) Fisheye Effect……..Very Good 1.00

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The image shown has perfect symmetry, which is rare, and the star facet/lower girdle facet lengths may vary from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or when the Sarin data is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in indicating the major light performance aspects.
-----------

0.86 RBC- Tuer.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Is AGSL much stricter than GIA?
-----------

They're pretty much on an even par with each other.

-----------
I wonder if the crystal will be a problem.
-----------

Not on a VS2 stone. It would have to be a minute crystal to attain that rating.

-----------
Why some GIA reports remark "charateristics" under the clarity, while others do not have?
-----------

I'm not a 100% certain. The key to symbols usually covers most things.

-----------
I was told that in VS2 level, all inclusions should be invisible by naked eye. Is that true for all
GIA certified stones?
-----------

Should be. Eyeclean, when viewed from the top.

-----------
I will make an order tomorrow.
-----------

Congratulations. That's some savvy shopping you've done.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It says 'characteristics: crystal' because it's a diamond dossier (a smaller, less expensive cert).
I agree on all points made by Rich.
1.gif

tuer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your nice help!!

I just made an order (of course, #1) and waiting for my e-ring. This forum is really helpful. Persons here are so nice. If without your help, I can not find this stone. Thanks again.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please take A LOT of pictures when you receive it!!!!!!!!!
1.gif
That's really a great stone!

tuer

Rough_Rock
UPDATE: I will get the #1 stone tomorrow morning. I just noticed that the Crown angle of #1 is at the edge of AGS0 standards (33.7). I did not asked for sarin report due that these numbers are available on line when I purchased. What I am worry is if the 33.7 is the average result of Crown Angle, will this stone be beyond ASG 0? I changed the Crown angle a bit in HCA adviser and score is still higher around 0.8. Does this mean it is not necessary to worry about it?

Thanks!

tuer

Rough_Rock
This is the report. Thanks for suggestions. I also wonder if the attachment is the Sarin report. Thanks and sorry for my bothering.
22.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the attachment is a Sarin... The cut on this stone is very fine, and unless you get a full sarin/ogi report (with graphs) noone will be able to tell you if all # are in line with AGS 0... Don't worry too much... Sounds like a beautiful stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results