shape
carat
color
clarity

help $10,000-$12,500 engagement ring

Hi,

This is my first post on here, so if I need to provide any extra info just let me know, sorry if I do miss anything though :)

I currently live in Australia and am looking at spending ~ $10,000-$12,500 on an engagement ring. I have been looking at possibly purchasing a loose diamond from jogia/ brilliant earth and then taking it to a jeweller to specifically design and create a setting, however I am unsure of their reputation to be honest (jogia is located in my city as well but I have not yet visited them). In regards to the exterior I know is that my partner is looking for a:

- low set
- brilliant diamond (round)
- Thin white gold band tapering towards centre stone
- Flat surface of band
- 4 prongs

In terms of the 4 c's I would like to possibly get 1.2-1.8 carats (as high as possible). In terms of colour and clarity I think that the colour would be more important so basically anything from a range of D-H and like around SI1 or better. To be honest I don't really know much about cut so I can't really say. Symmetry, fluorescence and polish also baffle me slightly, but from what I have gathered the 4 c's tend to be the most paramount features when choosing a diamond.

I have also attached a photo of my partners 'dream' ring (setting, features, not size - as that diamond looks massive).

So really I am just looking for any advice that you guys could give me in terms of places, ways to buy (loose/full setting and diamond/retail chain/independant), if my standards are too high for my price range, other factors to think about etc.

Thank you very much!

favourite.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is 10-12 k including the VAT and all other expenses? or have those already been calculated out?

I would say the $12,500, would include VAT, willing to possibly go up to $13,000 however. Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results