shape
carat
color
clarity

Help… choosing between two amazing OMCs

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
I need help choosing between two OMCs. They are both incredibly gorgeous to my amateur eyes and I keep going back and forth. Can anyone give me some guidance??

First stone: 5.5 L VS2
Second stone: 5.4 J VS2

D57D5762-8BC5-44EB-A754-2E18E3C1180B.jpeg
I can give more info if needed, but mostly wondering which you would choose based on how the stone speaks to you vs its specs

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo do you have more pictures? Maybe a video too showing how they move?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

My eye gravitates towards the right diamond in both photos. It doesn’t seem to have as many dark areas, it seems to have better overall end to end brightness !

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
The one on the right side of the photo has more pastel light return in the first photo. That's my favorite feature of antique cut diamonds. It also has more white light return in the other photo. So, the one on the right speaks to me more

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the right one. But I would love to see a video.

You have to use youtube or vimeo to load the video. Then paste a link.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the one one the right more, also. It jumped out at me as I looked at your photos. Not a very scientific nor objective response, I’m sure! :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prefer the facet pattern of the one on the right too.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From those two pictures
I like the faceting pattern of the right one much better.

Edited to add
Are they both vintage or both new, one vintage, one new? Does this matter to you?

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm drawn to the one on the right in both photos as well.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Team right! What a stunner. Is this a true antique?

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
I believe they are both true antiques though I’m realizing I’m not sure how to verify that as true…

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the vendor telling you about how old or new they are?
I would imagine the price for the stone on the right would be much much higher than the left stone - more than accounted for with the graded color difference- if it were a period stone as well.
If the one on the right is a newer cut stone, I’d assume it would be priced closer to the stone on the left. I’m no expert though.

My choice parameter between the two might very well change knowing one was newly cut. But I think that’s also tied into how it’s priced? I don’t think I’d pay as much for a newly cut vs a untouched period cut if all other variables were equal. (Branded super ideal antique cuts aside)
Others may not feel the same.

I love the left stones profile.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
First, those ARE both amazing! :kiss2: But I agree with everyone above. The stone on the right is brighter, and the facet pattern more pleasant. I like the puffy crown on the left stone more, but the right seems the overall winner.

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
What is the vendor telling you about how old or new they are?
I would imagine the price for the stone on the right would be much much higher than the left stone - more than accounted for with the graded color difference- if it were a period stone as well.
If the one on the right is a newer cut stone, I’d assume it would be priced closer to the stone on the left. I’m no expert though.

My choice parameter between the two might very well change knowing one was newly cut. But I think that’s also tied into how it’s priced? I don’t think I’d pay as much for a newly cut vs a untouched period cut if all other variables were equal. (Branded super ideal antique cuts aside)
Others may not feel the same.

I love the left stones profile.

Yes vendor says it is a true antique, that is true for both stones (different vendors), and yes the price for the right is higher to reflect. Also just realized I mistyped, the right stone is VS1

I also prefer the profile of the left stone. Looks more antique to me which I do love.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What's the depth percentage of the stone on the left? It looks super deep!

69.6% depth!

So is the stone on the right closer to 62% depth? It's hard to tell in the vid.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for your feedback!

Here’s a video

Wow
I would happily take either
But I prefer the one on the right. It looks brighter edge to edge and I prefer the facet pattern. It’s hard to go wrong with either though!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The one on the right appears brighter and whiter - better cut, I haven't looked at the stats on either.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are lovely, but I agree with everyone who preferred the diamond on the right. It's a really beautiful diamond.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
The one on the right. Have you looked at them in “boring” diamond lighting, like overhead fluorescent that doesn’t create much fire? IMHO that can be the most common lighting and that’s when it’s nice to have the broad facets to stare at.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results